Work Force allows companies to show off their staff in a clean, spam-fighting layout.
Work Force features include:
* Department views with overview and optional department icon/image
* Employee profile view with employee bio, photo, contact information and optional captcha secured contact form per employee
* Easy-upload or select of images for departments and employees right from your admin editing view.
* Name and department keyword filtering to find employees quickly
* Front-end keyword filtering and sorting
* Employee email cloaking to avoid harvesting of email addresses
* Employee pagination per department - set in the configuration
* Custom CSS editing via admin panel
* Very easy to customize to suit your site perfectly
New v1.5.3 features include:
* Front end profile editing - employees can now edit their own profiles via site front-end
* Copy/Move multiple employees to other departments
* All departments view with optional employee listing
* vCard download feature
* Improved ordering, searching, and routing
* Default options to expedite addition of new employees
* Clone feature to copy employees quickly
* Menu item as well as global parameters
* More display options
* And more...
New Features for J2.5 version:
* Optional Google maps per employee
* Social media fields - Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and LinkedIn
* More flexible front end editing
* Mobile plugin for better display on mobile devices
* QR code plugin
the last update is almost 1 years ago,a lot of key features are always in developing.
New update, this extension doesn't work with joomla 1.6
Just a note for others - this review was left before we ever claimed to have a Joomla 1.6 compatible version. We now have a 1.6 release available!
Running flash ads, menus, and content is crucial to a significant number of websites. This component renders them all useless. Had i know about this incompatibility i would not have purchased.
I hope the developer can come up with a fix in an update.
Way to go, Thinkery!
Workforce has a nice clean frontend interface, and individual contact forms for each employee. Each employee has his/her own bio,photo, phone number, fax number, address, email etc. The backend (admin) side of things is nice and clean too. Mostly self explanitory, very easy to navigate, understand and configure. However, this simplicity is a bit of a shortcoming too.
Once setup, you can only choose to display either a single department, a single employee, or the entire staff. Selecting the entire staff is where Work Force falls short. There is no easy way to arrange, the departments or employees in any kind of heirarchy. For example. If you would like to put your companies administration team at the top of the page, with the President first, followed by the Vice-presidents, etc... it can not be done.
There is a brief post on their forums about arranging the departments/employees to your liking, which states is not that difficult if you understand Joomla and php. I'm sure that it could be done fairly easily, but not by me.
Overall Work Force has some strong potential, and may work out of the box for some people. I hope that development continues and more flexibility becomes available. A good job out of the gate for Thinkery, I'm looking forward to future releases though.
Thanks for your review. Sorry you found it confusing to arrange the order of your employees.
However, you certainly can arrange the order of employees as you like. Basically employees of a given department appear in the admin exactly like any normal Joomla objects (menu items, articles etc.)-- just use the arrows or the ordering numbers for a given employee to assign their place within the department list.
The post on the forum you're referring to relates to putting multiple departments on a singe page, which does take a modification to the PHP file and will be improved in future releases.