Features of Spider Catalog:
• Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6, Joomla 1.7,Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0 native extension
• 7 different view options for the catalog.
• SEO-friendly URLs for the products: URLs of the catalog are being generated with the ID and the product name.
• Export/Import Products.
• Default ‘Price’ and ‘Market Price’ (appears as crossed out) parameters for each product on the catalog.
• Possibility to make the following customizations:
• Enable/disable product ratings and customer reviews for the products on the catalog.
• Customize the product cell layout on the main page of the catalog and the product page separately.
• Choose the background colors of practically all the fields of the catalog item cell.
• Customize the color of any text on the catalog.
• Select the text size for each of the fields on the catalog.
• Customize the width and height of the catalog product cell, as well as the style, color, width, and height of the product cell border.
• Choose the number of catalog products in the row and the number of rows in the catalog page, as well as the number of customer reviews per catalog page.
• Customize the width and height of the product on the catalog, as well as to choose the design of the stars used to indicate customer ratings on the catalog.
• Search products by name and category name on the catalog.
• Choose how the products are organized on the catalog: Cells, List, Cells2, Wide Cells, Thumbnails, Cells3 or Single Product.
1) ordering of products. it goes through all of them, not separetely in every category. If youll try to set an order 5 for product, and another one already have it, there will be smth wrong. I gues that the new product will get the last free orderin number.
2) again ordering - you cant set an order for products starting for example from 50, or 99. The allways will start from 1, even changing it from DB directly dont make any result, because script is "optimysing" ordering to start allways from 1.
3)have strong JS conflict with jQuery, cant make it work with sigplus or smartTB. This component have some strange php\js file, in it i suppose goes some kind of ovverriding of js functions. So other extensions for image zooming dont work with it.
So i cant really recomend to buy it, untill js conflict will be solved. sorry.
For my specific project I had additional requirements I needed in the catalog, I felt the extension was in essence ideal so I asked Web-Dorado to modify and customize the catalog for me. I must say I am very happy with the final product. The front end website templates look different, however it is the same catalog, and it just goes to show what can be done. Web-Dorado added an inquiry button on each product listing and they designed a really nice email form when I receive an inquiry.
I must commend Web-Dorado on their work, their professionalism and their patience on my project. They quoted me for the job upfront and stuck to that quote even through there was a few weeks of making adjustments and refinements. If you require a professional catalog have a good look at this one and remember Wed-Dorado is only too happy to work with you to customize it.