You can use Mosets Tree run a complex Yahoo! style directory directly inside your Joomla! website. Mosets Tree is designed to handle any data that requires a directory structure such as a Business Directory, Links Directory, Scripts Directory and more.
The new version 3 now allows you to create multiple directories in a single Mosets Tree installation.
- Multi directory support.
- Category Association opens up a whole new way for you to organize your listings as it allows you to associate listings from one category with another.
- All Listings and Filters.
- User Profile.
- Module Assignment: Publish Mosets Tree modules exactly where you want it. Each Mosets Tree modules now includes a new pane that allows you to control where within Mosets Tree pages that a module will be displayed.
- and more! Read on what's new in version 3 and other key features of Mosets Tree in the following links.
Mosets Tree 3.0 for Joomla! 2.5 is now available.
Key Features of Mosets Tree.
1) They just promise that it will be done, but never implemented.
2) The categories structuring and loading did not function properly i.e. is messy and complicated for a member who may want to pay.
3) Import from gossamer Links did not function properly. The custom fields from gossamer did not get imported.
4) The template provided is difficult to customise. To make anathor template and assure that it will work with the system of moset has proved for me to be a nightmare. The provided template gives an impression that it will work. But not if you want to customise it a bit.
5) I could not get it worked with a few other extensions as described here by other users.
I am very disappointed with the software.
And the support is absolutely amazing, any request is replied in a few hours or less.
I am disappointed as I am not able to do the following in the admin area easily;
1. Not able to add customise listing columns under navigation, ( i could not see the column I want to see under navigation)
2. Not able to sort on "Published" under navigation. ( sort is only available on core fields. With a large listing I find it tedious to search or find a listing to update, as listing could not be grouped under "published")
Help/support is excellent and accurate.
I have installed it on two sites (catdog.com.au & find-a-limo.com.au) and will probably purchase another for a new site coming up.
The latest version has some very good additions and improvements over previous versions - well worth it.
I can highly recommend this component AND the developer if your looking for a professional catalogue application like Hot Property.
I tried it with almost 59000 links in one category and that wil drop your mosets admin area.
It takes upto 30 seconds to even show the admin page and the frontend is just as bad.
the links added have title,a few lines description and weblink,thats it.
On a test i did while going to my mosets admin page this is what my server showed:
Server Load 1.91 (4 cpus) (before request)
Server Load 5.16 (4 cpus) (during request)
Its also to bad it takes so long to release a native version.
However,its good for smaller sites.
We have quite a number of users running large directories without the said performance issue. 30 seconds to load a page is not normal. If you can get in touch with me at http://www.mosets.com/contact/, I'll see to it to get this resolved.
I've just completed a site for a trade association that wanted to have a directory of its members. Mosets tree gave me the flexibility to tweak it to their exact requirements, almost completely without having to hack code.
Furthermore, the support I had was excellent. I had the nightmare of exporting data from a legacy Access database, but the built in importing facility made life quite easy. When I did hit problems the Moset support team got answers to me usually within 24 hours.
(I also have another site that's been running with Mosets Hot Property for a few years without problems).
Cannot recommend this highly enough.
I highly recommend Mosets Tree. The code is well written, and Lee, the creator, gives excellent, timely support in his forums (he even has private, one-on-one forums.)
Great software. Easy to install and configure. Great support.