You can use Mosets Tree run a complex Yahoo! style directory directly inside your Joomla! website. Mosets Tree is designed to handle any data that requires a directory structure such as a Business Directory, Links Directory, Scripts Directory and more.
The new version 3 now allows you to create multiple directories in a single Mosets Tree installation.
- Multi directory support.
- Category Association opens up a whole new way for you to organize your listings as it allows you to associate listings from one category with another.
- All Listings and Filters.
- User Profile.
- Module Assignment: Publish Mosets Tree modules exactly where you want it. Each Mosets Tree modules now includes a new pane that allows you to control where within Mosets Tree pages that a module will be displayed.
- and more! Read on what's new in version 3 and other key features of Mosets Tree in the following links.
Mosets Tree 3.5 for Joomla! 3 is now available.
Key Features of Mosets Tree.
Also, considering you get support and downloads for a year; I'd say Mosets is more than worth the price.
Extension works very well and is easialy installed. I had some troubles with last updates but after I submitted my question at the locked forum (payed subscribers) I got a fast and good response. Several times. Excellent.
I even had a small problem with a subcribtion field that was corrected by the developer. When I asked him what he did, because I have a sistersite (not payed) with same problem he gave me the solution. Now I'm happy and -very important- my client is happy.
I will be supporting this extension by paying the yearly fee to get support. Because it's worth it and the support is really fast, accurate and friendly.
That I do not rate it as excellent is that it misses some features I would like, but they are very specific for the sites I run for my client. I think I have to work with a developer to fulfill these needs in the far future.
Long story short --the developer and support guy Lee has done an excellent job at responding to my (now 4) requests for support and fixing my excess tables from the back end -- how he's doing it I don't know but I'm really impressed.
Thank you so much guys!
Modifying and using Mosests tree was fun, not a trouble at all.
Since they have been developing it for a very long time, there are nearly everyting in the component you might expect.
They are intensely testing the new version before they release it. There is an incredible support behind. No matter how many questions you ask, you see that they are answered within a day.
Thanks for this wonderful component and making my dream site come true.
1) They just promise that it will be done, but never implemented.
2) The categories structuring and loading did not function properly i.e. is messy and complicated for a member who may want to pay.
3) Import from gossamer Links did not function properly. The custom fields from gossamer did not get imported.
4) The template provided is difficult to customise. To make anathor template and assure that it will work with the system of moset has proved for me to be a nightmare. The provided template gives an impression that it will work. But not if you want to customise it a bit.
5) I could not get it worked with a few other extensions as described here by other users.
I am very disappointed with the software.
And the support is absolutely amazing, any request is replied in a few hours or less.
I am disappointed as I am not able to do the following in the admin area easily;
1. Not able to add customise listing columns under navigation, ( i could not see the column I want to see under navigation)
2. Not able to sort on "Published" under navigation. ( sort is only available on core fields. With a large listing I find it tedious to search or find a listing to update, as listing could not be grouped under "published")
Help/support is excellent and accurate.
I have installed it on two sites (catdog.com.au & find-a-limo.com.au) and will probably purchase another for a new site coming up.
The latest version has some very good additions and improvements over previous versions - well worth it.
I can highly recommend this component AND the developer if your looking for a professional catalogue application like Hot Property.
I tried it with almost 59000 links in one category and that wil drop your mosets admin area.
It takes upto 30 seconds to even show the admin page and the frontend is just as bad.
the links added have title,a few lines description and weblink,thats it.
On a test i did while going to my mosets admin page this is what my server showed:
Server Load 1.91 (4 cpus) (before request)
Server Load 5.16 (4 cpus) (during request)
Its also to bad it takes so long to release a native version.
However,its good for smaller sites.
We have quite a number of users running large directories without the said performance issue. 30 seconds to load a page is not normal. If you can get in touch with me at http://www.mosets.com/contact/, I'll see to it to get this resolved.
I've just completed a site for a trade association that wanted to have a directory of its members. Mosets tree gave me the flexibility to tweak it to their exact requirements, almost completely without having to hack code.
Furthermore, the support I had was excellent. I had the nightmare of exporting data from a legacy Access database, but the built in importing facility made life quite easy. When I did hit problems the Moset support team got answers to me usually within 24 hours.
(I also have another site that's been running with Mosets Hot Property for a few years without problems).
Cannot recommend this highly enough.