You can use Mosets Tree run a complex Yahoo! style directory directly inside your Joomla! website. Mosets Tree is designed to handle any data that requires a directory structure such as a Business Directory, Links Directory, Scripts Directory and more.
The new version 3 now allows you to create multiple directories in a single Mosets Tree installation.
- Multi directory support.
- Category Association opens up a whole new way for you to organize your listings as it allows you to associate listings from one category with another.
- All Listings and Filters.
- User Profile.
- Module Assignment: Publish Mosets Tree modules exactly where you want it. Each Mosets Tree modules now includes a new pane that allows you to control where within Mosets Tree pages that a module will be displayed.
- and more! Read on what's new in version 3 and other key features of Mosets Tree in the following links.
Mosets Tree 3.5 for Joomla! 3 is now available.
Key Features of Mosets Tree.
I used this component for several years. Unfortunately I must say that the latest version has a really bad upload page. The choice of category to put the listing in is so very messy and non-intuitive that no-one of my users understands it. It is also made with ajax and it create script conflict. If you are dependent on users upload listings - go for another component. I have always been surpirsed to see that there is no comment management of the component. So you cannot delete any comment without doing it directly in the database with phpAdmin. Therefor I never used the comment system of Mostets Tree but integrated JomComment. It could have been one of the best and most useful components for Joomla, but it falls on these issues.
1) Support is poor
2) It does not provide an out of the box integration with 'reviews' and ratings.
3) We've had trouble with the "admin tree" when trying to run it with multiple sites. It seems to use a different URL referencing schema than the main content. It would be nice if it used the same features.
Otherwise, it seems fairly comparable to sobi2
The process of adding listings, approval and display by the admin is practical and effective.
There are a lot of configuration options, ranging from the number of listings per page through to display per listing of recommend, maps, website and claim.
My only minor gripes are
1) that spam might be a problem on some of the pages because there is no "captcha" display of letters for viewers to interpret and enter on a validation form. Therefore I have turned off some of the user options to protect against spambot abuse.
2) Whilst featured listings are supported, and you can link a single listing across two or more categories, its not possible to use the same listing text and have one featured and one standard entry in multiple categories. This means entering listings twice in some cases.
Yes, its true there is little or no documentation, but the package is very easy to install and operate. For the price, this is really excellent value and highly recommended.
BTW, I have found that ZipCodeShop does supply customization and support for Mosets Tree.