You can use Mosets Tree run a complex Yahoo! style directory directly inside your Joomla! website. Mosets Tree is designed to handle any data that requires a directory structure such as a Business Directory, Links Directory, Scripts Directory and more.
The new version 3 now allows you to create multiple directories in a single Mosets Tree installation.
- Multi directory support.
- Category Association opens up a whole new way for you to organize your listings as it allows you to associate listings from one category with another.
- All Listings and Filters.
- User Profile.
- Module Assignment: Publish Mosets Tree modules exactly where you want it. Each Mosets Tree modules now includes a new pane that allows you to control where within Mosets Tree pages that a module will be displayed.
- and more! Read on what's new in version 3 and other key features of Mosets Tree in the following links.
Mosets Tree 3.5 for Joomla! 3 is now available.
Key Features of Mosets Tree.
It is an extremely flexible component that can be easily tailored to do what you want it to, so don't think that you have to stick rigidly to a basic directory-style setup if you don't want to. The default m2 template is easy to customise, but if like me, you want to integrate MT into your site which uses a different, non-MT template, you'll find it fits in really nicely without any fuss.
One of my favourite features (and it's a very simple one) is the ability to add a single listing across multiple categories. This is great from a cross-selling perspective, if that's what you want, and it also makes your directory extremely logical for users.
Support is absolutely excellent. I've read comments from some other members who have suggested that this is not the case, but I can honestly say that every time I have asked for support, I have received it on the same day.
If you're caught in two minds about whether or not your should pay for MT when there are plenty of other free directory components out there then I would say it is worth every penny and you will agree with me when you have got it up and running. It is flexible, extremely stable and comes with top-notch support, so really, what more could you ask for?
Let's be honest, a product is worthless without a good support. Mosets offer the best support by far (I have tons of other commercial components and SOME of them are plain useless!). Quick and precise solution, their support are among the best I've seen.
You might see some complains regarding support but it isn't Mosets fault at all. Some of them require dedicated custom job hack which shouldn't be blame on their support. Impressively, they do advise and sometimes lend some of their precious time to help those who need (usually top requests) say some extra functionality on this awesome component.
Mosets tree is mainly directory listings comp., but with your creativity, it could be something totally better than just directory.
Review is just for the first impression; try it yourself. I promise you'll thank yourself for later on.
I used this component for several years. Unfortunately I must say that the latest version has a really bad upload page. The choice of category to put the listing in is so very messy and non-intuitive that no-one of my users understands it. It is also made with ajax and it create script conflict. If you are dependent on users upload listings - go for another component. I have always been surpirsed to see that there is no comment management of the component. So you cannot delete any comment without doing it directly in the database with phpAdmin. Therefor I never used the comment system of Mostets Tree but integrated JomComment. It could have been one of the best and most useful components for Joomla, but it falls on these issues.
1) Support is poor
2) It does not provide an out of the box integration with 'reviews' and ratings.
3) We've had trouble with the "admin tree" when trying to run it with multiple sites. It seems to use a different URL referencing schema than the main content. It would be nice if it used the same features.
Otherwise, it seems fairly comparable to sobi2
The process of adding listings, approval and display by the admin is practical and effective.
There are a lot of configuration options, ranging from the number of listings per page through to display per listing of recommend, maps, website and claim.
My only minor gripes are
1) that spam might be a problem on some of the pages because there is no "captcha" display of letters for viewers to interpret and enter on a validation form. Therefore I have turned off some of the user options to protect against spambot abuse.
2) Whilst featured listings are supported, and you can link a single listing across two or more categories, its not possible to use the same listing text and have one featured and one standard entry in multiple categories. This means entering listings twice in some cases.
Yes, its true there is little or no documentation, but the package is very easy to install and operate. For the price, this is really excellent value and highly recommended.
BTW, I have found that ZipCodeShop does supply customization and support for Mosets Tree.