All from within an intuitive and simple to use administration interface. DOCman makes offering downloadable documents on your Joomla site a breeze!
- Nested categories. Documents can be organized across infinite categories and subcategories.
- Custom Groups. Documents can be owned by a specific registered user, a groups of registered users, all registered users or everybody.
- Powerful Permission System. Easily set default guest, frontend and document and creator permissions and fine-tuned permission on a document level. DOCman's permissions system gives you full control over who can access, edit, manage and download documents.
- Remote or Local Storage. Files can either be hosted locally or you can easily link to files stored on a remote server or external network drive.
- Statistics. You can display a download counter per document. All downloads are also being logged (by user, IP, browser, date and hour) to give you full overview of what is happening with your documents.
- Integrated Search System. Documents can be searched by name and/or description. The search system integrates with Joomla! using an optional Plugin.
- Security. The built-in anti-leech system avoids direct linking to documents. Real paths to documents are never displayed to users.
- Flexible Themes. Change the look and feel of your documents repository using our flexible themeing system. Easily create your own themes to match the look and feel of you site.
- Translations. Available in more then 30 languages
DOCman has everything packed to get you covered even for your toughest document management needs. Our dedicated support team is standing by to help you with all your questions. Still not happy ? We offer a 30 days money-back guarantee.
More information: http://www.joomlatools.com/extensions/docman?utm_source=jed&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=docman
When I had problems after a complicated migration of a large site with thousands of files, the support was there to help me get out of trouble.
I'm eagerly waiting for the 2.0 version. Go, guys, go!
It is easy to use from both the front end of the site and the backend too.
I had an issue recently which I asked the developers about and they were very quick to help out and resolve the issue (which was actually a problem with the joomla folders and not the extension)
Johan has been so helpful with a few issues that have come up. Excellent customer service.
When I launched a new site recently my clients files where not connected to the links, thankfully docMAN support saved my bacon and gave me a solution very quickly.
I highly recommend docMAN, even for a small amount of files.
I did use it when I began one of my projects two years ago.
When deciding to migrate to J!2.5 I was really worried about hundreds of docs already managed thanks to DOCMan.
I did the Joomla migration and DOCMan process was easy.
A little problem with configuration was solved by support team in ..minutes!! Incredible!
So, I thank them for having such a great tools and such a fast and good support.
Many thanks to Johan for his kind support in restoring my docman database following my mishandling.
If I may suggest: in the docman home panel, the deleted data option should be named differently to avoid any confusion.
Thanks for the suggestion we will definitely take this into account for the 2.0 version.
It's a great component, and their support is great and prompt.
What I do hope to see soon is a plugin that allows Jcomments to work with Docman.
Thanks for your review. Support for JComment and Komento extensions is being added to DOCman 2.0 in the next alpha. We are also looking at adding support to the DOCman 1.x release.
When I was an early adopter of Joomla 1.5, I immediately sought a solution that worked with the upgraded platform and tried a few other extensions. I was relieved when the folks at Joomlatools.eu developed an update, and when they moved to a subscription model, I gladly paid the inexpensive price, and their update/development progress has been on the cutting-edge ever since.
The beauty of this extension is how deeply it can be customized with its fine-grained permissions system, but despite its wealth of features, retains an intuitive and elegant interface.
Finally, the developers have a great sense of customer service when answering questions promptly and cheerfully.
In short, a highly recommended extension. My favorite for Joomla!
We had some issues following migration which turned out to be not die to Docman at all and the support was exemplary - superb.
I'm not a techy and find Docman really easy to use and administer.
The webage was built for a community with people not very experienced in computers. They needed to be able to upload all Minutes of Meetings etc via the frontend. Also, they wanted to populate lists automatically without the need to manually add every single uploaded document. DOCman fixed it all.
And the support for DOCman is just outstanding! I was working with this site during the weekend, and ran into problems on a Saturday. It didn't matter, the support was there even during the weekend! Great stuff!
If you have files to download from your site then DOCMan is a superb choice. Installation is a breeze, setup is very easy to understand and configure, files can be uploaded and documents created from the front and back end. The site screen is very easy for website visitors to understand and use. Statistics are also very good.
I have been using Joomla for a number of years but I am self taught with a minimal understanding of html/css and databases. I like extensions that are easy to use and DOCMan certainly falls in that category.
Support is also excellent. I recently upgraded my subscription and made an error in my email address and it was fixed quite quickly for me.