All from within an intuitive and simple to use administration interface. DOCman makes offering downloadable documents on your Joomla site a breeze!
- Nested categories. Documents can be organized across infinite categories and subcategories.
- Custom Groups. Documents can be owned by a specific registered user, a groups of registered users, all registered users or everybody.
- Powerful Permission System. Easily set default guest, frontend and document and creator permissions and fine-tuned permission on a document level. DOCman's permissions system gives you full control over who can access, edit, manage and download documents.
- Remote or Local Storage. Files can either be hosted locally or you can easily link to files stored on a remote server or external network drive.
- Statistics. You can display a download counter per document. All downloads are also being logged (by user, IP, browser, date and hour) to give you full overview of what is happening with your documents.
- Integrated Search System. Documents can be searched by name and/or description. The search system integrates with Joomla! using an optional Plugin.
- Security. The built-in anti-leech system avoids direct linking to documents. Real paths to documents are never displayed to users.
- Flexible Themes. Change the look and feel of your documents repository using our flexible themeing system. Easily create your own themes to match the look and feel of you site.
- Translations. Available in more then 30 languages
DOCman has everything packed to get you covered even for your toughest document management needs. Our dedicated support team is standing by to help you with all your questions. Still not happy ? We offer a 30 days money-back guarantee.
More information: http://www.joomlatools.com/extensions/docman?utm_source=jed&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=docman
It is a known bug, and frankly, were I JoomlaTools I would not have let customers purchase a product with such a major error. While I'm sure JoomlaTools will fix this, had I known I would not have purchased this component until it had been fixed.
1. Check the support forum first.
2. Wait until a stable release of 1.5 is available
3. Use 1.4 until then
It is a known issue. As mentioned both on our forum and our support portal, the issue will be fixed in 1.5.8. In the meantime, there is a simple patch available: http://support.joomlatools.eu/faq/13-common-errors/155-error-when-clicking-new-doc-in-files-view.html
DOCman Lead Developer
Thank you for your review. I agree that there is plenty of room for improvement. Our team is working hard on improving DOCman further. Keep in mind however that lots of sites depend on DOCman. It's our responsibility to make sure these sites can keep running smoothly. That's why we steered clear of drastic code changes that could hurt the stability and security of DOCman for the 1.5 release.
We've already started work preparing for DOCman 1.6, so make sure to add your feature ideas to http://ideas.joomlatools.eu/pages/docman . But know that features and price are not the only things that make software great. You might want to read http://blog.joomlatools.eu/2010/01/why-docman.html
Joomlatools Managing Director
I didn't rate and review anyone since I have published my extensions. But it is time now to review this extensions from a professional sight.
I read the one review which is not fair for my opinion. There is no reason to vote this extension with one star. I purchased docman 1.5 for my upcomming new extensions site.
Maybe the reviewer used to be angry about docman's going commercial. But it is time, people need to understand the difference between free as in beer and free in freedom.
The price is really fair. Can't say anything against it.
The native 1.5 component has the same look and feel as the old version.
It works like a charm and is stable.
So don't forget, that this used to be one of the first download extensions. There is a big experience and knowledge behind.
Sure there are some things that could be added.
E.g. I couldn't find an answer / documentation whether this extension supports joomfish or not and how it works.
The most I suggest is to refactor the router.php.
SEF support by adding id's into the url is not a good way. A better way is to use an additional DB table and use titles and aliases as they are with no additional id's in the url.
My last statement is that this extension is underestimated. It is an excellent extension and if you want to here a professional voice, than go and get it.