All from within an intuitive and simple to use administration interface. DOCman makes offering downloadable documents on your Joomla site a breeze!
- Nested categories. Documents can be organized across infinite categories and subcategories.
- Custom Groups. Documents can be owned by a specific registered user, a groups of registered users, all registered users or everybody.
- Powerful Permission System. Easily set default guest, frontend and document and creator permissions and fine-tuned permission on a document level. DOCman's permissions system gives you full control over who can access, edit, manage and download documents.
- Remote or Local Storage. Files can either be hosted locally or you can easily link to files stored on a remote server or external network drive.
- Statistics. You can display a download counter per document. All downloads are also being logged (by user, IP, browser, date and hour) to give you full overview of what is happening with your documents.
- Integrated Search System. Documents can be searched by name and/or description. The search system integrates with Joomla! using an optional Plugin.
- Security. The built-in anti-leech system avoids direct linking to documents. Real paths to documents are never displayed to users.
- Flexible Themes. Change the look and feel of your documents repository using our flexible themeing system. Easily create your own themes to match the look and feel of you site.
- Translations. Available in more then 30 languages
DOCman has everything packed to get you covered even for your toughest document management needs. Our dedicated support team is standing by to help you with all your questions. Still not happy ? We offer a 30 days money-back guarantee.
More information: http://www.joomlatools.com/extensions/docman?utm_source=jed&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=docman
Unfortunately does not work statistics in DOCman 2.0,otherwise I can say that is a very good extension.
Thanks for your review. DOCman 2.0 includes support for Google Analytics, if you have Google Analytics on your site you can enable download tracking through the menu item settings.
We are also working on adding advanced logging support for downloads to our LOGman extension. This is planned for the next release.
I am using DOCman 2 since the alpha for an internal company document sharing platform. I have to say that even for an alpha version, the software was rockstable. Since the release of the first alpha of DOCman 2, it made a very progress and looking at my DOCman 2 Beta 3 installation on my production site makes me smile. It just works. Some may say it is still a beta, and they are right. But what Joomlatools did with the DOCman 2 Beta is breathtaking in the Joomla world. You can feel what the developers are heading for. On the negative side, there are still a lot of core features missing. But DOCman 2 has the potential to set a new standard. Setting up and using the software, it feels a bit like a raw diamond – a lot potential.
On the technical side, even for beta software it is pretty flawless. The installation was super smooth. The updates come fast. New features are added almost monthly.
The best thing about DOCman 2 is by far the support. As a customer I never felt left alone. Support tickets are usually answered within 24hrs (by E-Mail and/or developers forum). The quality of the support definitely sets a new standard and is worth much more than the annual fee for the software. Another thing I experienced as a customer during the development of DOCman 2 is that the Joomlatools team is very open to user suggestions.
tl;dr: Joomlatools DOCman 2 Beta works very well, offers a lot of features, is easy to use and offers a new quality level of support. Kudos to Johan Janssens and his team for creating this wonderful piece of Joomla extension.
Anyone looking to manage and offer any kind of documents, with complete control, should look at Docman
The new 2.0 version of the extension is very very cool and makes easy my life as an administrator for a school with tons of study material uploaded and downloaded every day
The support is super fast and they are ready to help me in any issue also creating fixes as soon as i report a bug
I'll keep using this forever!
Recently I ported my site to Joomla 2.5 and had issues integrating DOCMAN since I had a legacy, non-standard file structure. The developer went overboard in helping me by uploading a new database, advising me on issues, etc. I couldn't have asked for better help. Even though I offered to pay him for his time he declined, saying that it was just part of the support they give to DOCMAN users.
Get this component. You won't be disappointed with either it or the support.
I had some issues with my host configs which DOCman support talked me through; the support was simply excellent.
So well done folks!
When I upgraded to Joomla 2.5 I ran into some errors, headed over to the support forum and got answer within the day that they would look at my files and the day after I had a solution. Good support and a good app.
This component does all a file managment has to do - and it does it sure, safe and comfortably.
In all those years I had only one single problem - and the support was great and quickly.
Now I'm awating DocMan 2.0.
I installed DocMan 2.0 and was immediately relieved to see multiple folders/subfolders for files and images. Drag & Drop, SEF urls to documents and a simplified interface.
There's not a lot of documentation available as it is still in Beta, so i've had to ask support for some help. You've probably read about it before, but DocMan support is phenomenal. I had answers to three questions in less time with the DocMan team than I've had with a single question anywhere else.
DocMan 2.0 will only get better. I'm so impressed with it so far that I'm considering moving to it in our production environment even though it is in Beta. I know installing beta software for use in a production environments is a no-no, but in our case, we have no other viable options that work like DocMan 2.0 does, so we're taking the plunge. We'll keep you posted.
Great job JoomlaTools on both the product and support!