The component uses the jQuery library to open each FAQ with a sliding or toggle effect without reloading the page.
It is built with the Joomla MVC Architecture, is lightweight, very easy to configure and comes with 4 css themes to match your template.
It supports Search Engine Friendly URLs and has a built-in search function.
FAQ Book Pro is an advanced version of the popular Joomla component Minitek FAQ Book and has many new features:
1. Access Control Levels (ACL) for backend and frontend users
2. Navigation bar in Category page
3. User can submit new Question from frontend and specify category
4. Email notification when new Question is submitted
5. Built-in search function
6. Display search results in different page with pagination
7. Advanced search options
8. Option to expand/collapse all FAQs
9. Display date and creator for each FAQ
10. Link creator to Jomsocial profile
11. Search Engine Friendly URLs
12. Permalink for each FAQ
13. Captcha in FAQ submission form
14. 4 css themes (default, simple, dark, silver)
15. Protected against SQL injection vulnerabilities
16. HTML validated
Normally I see upgrades from basic to PRO where the app modifies the structure for you and then extends the basic app. This one does not.
The fact that you pay a FEE and still have to work means that you better think twice about going PRO. Sure, I have my regrets for the costs versus the amount of work but it still is a much better product than the other FAQs out there.
Stick with the BASIC or start with the PRO.
Thank you for your review,
We will try to make the upgrade from the free version as smooth as possible in next updates.