This Name Meaning Component, has over 4100 girls and boys names and meanings in the database, from 47 different origins (American, Arabic, French, Dutch, Greek, Hebrew, Irish, Italian, ...).
It has a backend interface that makes it very easy to add new names and to edit existing ones.
1. Voting system;
2. Name list, Users will be able to create list of favorite names;
3. Search for a name starting with, ending with, containing the searchword;
4. Additional info;
5. Report Incorrect name info;
6. Will be able to sort items for:
* Most voted;
* Better voted;
* Most hits;
* Least hits;
* More popular (As people add to their list the name will become more popular)
* Least popular;
7. Now you can enter an Unisex name;
8. Better admin interface;
9. Totally rewritten for Joomla 1.5, assuring a higher compatibility and best coding practices;
If you have any suggestion, please do not hesitate to email it to me.
If you would like this component to have a special feature, please send me a detailed email.
# Modules available
* Name Search: Displays a search form with a few options;
* Random Name Origins: Show how many origins you wish to show randomly;
* Random Names: Displays randomly a number of names and meanings;
* Gender: The user can choose whether to show boys or girl names;
- PHP Cross Reference of Joomla 1.5 Documentation
- PHP Cross Reference of Joomla 1.0 Documentation
I'd like to see the ability to add similar names (that are linked) and further development of some of the features that look to be included for the next version.
Looking very much forward to a Joomla 2.5 version!
The support offered was simply A+, all our emails and questions have been answered promptly and the developer provided quick solutions to our needs.
We're looking forward to the final 1.5 native version of this great Joomla Module.
I find it very easy to use and maintain. Thanks to clever select lists in the administration it is very easy to select which names to edit or view.
Also the support is great. I asked the developer if is was possible to implement swedish characters in the Alpha index and 30 minutes later I got some new files to use. And it worked immidiately with the swedish characters. I can only reccomend the this extension.