The extension's highly flexible nature makes it a snap to configure it to your needs. Once set up, the extension automatically manages payment collections, order processing, order fulfillments, membership expirations and more. You will be virtually hands off, while the Nice Memberships extension does the work for you.
Some of the Fantastic Features You Get:
* Joomla 1.6, 1.7 2.5 & 3.x compliant
* Manage paid memberships to any Joomla user group
* Uses Joomla ACL
* No Joomla core hacks
* Integrated with PayPal's recurring subscription payment system
* Integrated with PayPal's Instant Payment Notification (IPN)
* Easily manage paid memberships to any Joomla user group
* Highly flexible configurable options
* Place subscription buttons in articles, custom modules or almost anywhere
* Includes configurable front end membership listing page
* Straightforward fully automatic order processing, fulfillment and member management
* Supports unlimited membership listings
* Automatic Joomla account creation
* User not required to be logged in to subscribe
* Adds membership to existing Joomla user accounts
* Membership subscription can be part of, or independent of, the site registration process
* Secure membership management
* Limit membership sign up to new only, new & existing, and existing subscribers only
* Full control over which membership listings are shown to which user groups
* Displays user's current memberships & available memberships on Joomla's core user profile page.
* Choose to display or not to display membership listing title and description
* Supports 2 optional trial periods and 1 regular period per membership listing
* Full control over period terms and recurring payments
* Supports limited length memberships or infinite length memberships
* Automatic expiration of memberships at end of term
* Robust independent messaging for multiple membership or per individual membership listings
* Automatically emails members about important account events, such as activation, cancellation, etc.
* Supports all PayPal currency codes
* Supports all PayPal country codes
* Supports custom graphics for subscription buttons
* Intuitive administration pages
* Stored subscription & transaction records for easy look up and management
* Tracks subscribers count per membership listing
* K2 compliant
* IPN message logging for testing
* PayPal sandbox test mode
* Language support
* Current translations: English, Swedish, German, Portuguese & Italian
Release version 1.30 Changes:
Resolved expiry issue effecting Joomla 3.x
Once I got it installed, the configuration documentation walked me through exactly what I needed to do to get up and running.
I added a few subscriptions and tested them by subscribing with my PayPal account. It worked perfectly the first time exactly as it should. I then unsubscribed from PayPal. Not only did I get an email from PayPal, but I got an email from the site telling me that my subscription had been cancelled.
I ran into an issue with the extension and posted on the extension's forum. I had an answer (and a solution) in less than an hour.
I highly recommend this extension if you are doing subscriptions on your site.
I would highly recommend the nice membership software and a big thanks to Michael for great support.
It is very easy to use, you just enter a short coded string into a normal Joomla document. You can determine which access levels can see which strings etc.
All transaction (incoming payments) held in the database as are the subscribers. The subscription period can be for a specific length or on-going.
It is very easy to install and set up.
Richard Charlesworth - Virsel Limited
I purchased the nice membership bundle (Jan 2014). So far I installed nice membership and nice paypal button. Both worked 'out of the box'.
I'm really amazed with the nice membership extension :D .I intalled 'Joomla_3.x_pkg_nicememberships_v1.15.zip' version of nice membership (Jan 2014). I followed the same installation procedure in my joomla 3.2.1 sites , as I did in my joomla 2.5.17 sites (using the older version; Joomla_1.6-2.5_pkg_nicememberships_v1.10.zip), and everything worked perfectly.
Michael is very knowledgeable in his field and extremely thorough to any of your questions.
I give 5/5 stars to his extensions and 5/5 stars to his personal customer service.
If you wish to charge your online customers a fee, for example, to view your videos or anything else you choose to restrict access to, this is exactly the extension you need.
Been doing this Joomla thing for some time now. Have tried tons of components, mods, etc... Never felt compelled to leave a review until I used this Members extension and their other apps.
It does just what expected and More...
Support is simply Top Notch. Stop looking, Stop thinking, and get this one now! End your searching and get to work.
Easy to get the hang of, easy to implement and make your own.
Is very dependent on Paypal so know ahead you will be using that.
The support alone is worth it, if you need any. After this, I started using his other apps, and together they make a fantastic environment. Flexible enough for many situations, yet consistent enough that you can build on and from it.
I honestly can`t say enough ...
Thank You, Michael & the folks of TriniTronic
I want an update of the component such that in addition to the existing payment methods, a user can pay for subscription using a randomly generated and stored unique PIN code (10 - 14 digits), which he will purchase offline. Once a PIN code is used it can no longer be used by the user or any other user.
That means there will be an additional payment method called PIN number. So admin can generate PINs from backend and sell them offline, then user can use the PIN purchased offline to make payment for their subscription. Admin can generate PIN based on subscription category. E.g PIN to activate gold category membership plan will not work for silver category membership plan.
Kindly take a look at this, I will appreciate it if it can be incorporated into the next version.
Michael is great. With the type of websites I do, it's hard to get good support from vendors. But he didn't pass judgement or try to cut the conversation short. Excellent support and a very open mind.
Im not one of these people that gives feedback of a rule but credit where credit is due.
well done with this one.
I highly recommend this extension to anyone looking for a good membership extension.