The killer features
- FULL JOOMLA! ACL & MULTILINGUAL SUPPORT
- Streamlined administrator interface
- Rich subscription levels (subscription packages) editor which allows you to choose different images for each of your subscriptions and even a different order confirmation and order cancellation text to show to your users.
- Custom fields
- The easiest subscription management interface you've seen on a component. It will even show you your users' faces, powered by Gravatar.
- Users can upgrade or expand (renew) their subscriptions. Renewing a subscription will create a new subscription which becomes valid the very second their old one expires. Users do not lose any of their subscription time when renewing, unlike most other subscription systems out there.
- Discount coupon codes which allow you to set an absolute money value or percentage discount for all or a specific subscription level and user, have publish up/publish down dates or a usage limit (e.g. the coupon code is valid only for the first 100 people to use it) – or a combination of any and all of the above!
- Automatic discounts for upgrading or renewing subscriptions based on the subscription level and days of presence in the subscription package. This allows you to easily create rules like: 30% discount if you renew up to 30 days before the end of your subscription, 15% discount if you renew within the last 30 days, no discount otherwise.
- Full support for complex tax calculations based on country, state and ZIP code. It fully integrates with the European Union's VIES system so that you can charge no VAT tax for intra-EU B2B transactions.
- Integration with third party components.
- Payment methods: PayPal (for personal, verified and business accounts) is supported out of the box. Other payment methods (ccAvenue, WorldPay, 2Checkout and more) are being added continuously. Check out our documentation for more information.
- Send emails to subscribers upon subscription, when their subscription/payment status changes and when their subscription is about to expire
- Very simple affiliates system
Note: The component is free, but you need a valid subscription to request support. Bug reports are free; use the Contact Us page.
On my new project I use Akeeba Subscription (with some other Akeeba extensions, too) and it has all features I need.
Do you need something else? Just open a ticket and ask for it. If it make sense and useful for all users, they impelement it as soon as possible.
Great exntesions + great & satisfactory support + great documentation.
My life is much easier now. Subscriptions is very easy to use, intuitive, includes great features, and I have confidence in Akeeba's ability to develop reliable solutions.
I purchased the full license but the free version offered enough features that I didn't have to upgrade. Happy I did, though. The value is great, their support is awesome, and I believe it's important to support their business.
One of the best decisions I've made this year.
I did hit a snag, the site was one time only subscription and there was no obvious way to bring in existing users. While it was not vital to do so that would mean a less than optimal experience for older members. So I bit the bullet and manually added all of my users one by one.
One possible bug report got sent to Akeeba while I was reading comments here. Before I had finished I had a reply and explanation of the issue.
Using Joomla since version 1 it is ever refreshing to see developers of this high level producing for the platform.
On the one case I did find a minor bug in the component Nick was very quick to respond (especially as it was a bank holiday) and found a solution almost immediately.
Keep up the great work!
It works like a charm for one shopper group.
It has great integration to joomla user group.
There is a bug in virtuemart integration for multiple shopper groups.
There is another bug - changing subscription level doesn't work you have to open a new subscription and delete the old one.
Thank you for your review.
The two reported bugs are actually not bugs.
The VM integration only supports assigning one shopper group per user. When we were building the integration plugin –about a year ago– VM itself didn't support anything different (it was one shopping group per user). If you are certain this is no longer the case, you are welcome to tell us so. To the best of our knowledge this situation hasn't changed.
Changing a subscription level is not possible for the end user (subscriber) but this is a feature, not a bug. Honestly! Each subscription level can have a different length and a different price. Reconciling this is a daunting task and usually requires the intervention of a sentient agent, i.e. a human, who can understand how to best handle each individual case based on business policy and special considerations. Alternatively you can use Upgrade Rules which are designed to handle this issue exactly by providing automatic discounts to people wishing to upgrade their subscriptions. Of course the old subscription remains. A more elegant approach might be added in the future but I'm sure most people will consider it a bug as it's nigh impossible catering for all ad hoc business models.
That said, changing the subscription level from the back-end of the component is perfectly possible. We have to do it on our site all the time when people buy the wrong kind of subscription and ask us to help them with their wrong order.
This ranks in my Top 5 non-commercial extensions for 2012.
Akeeba has the best extensions and this subscription component is no exception. In addition to the documentation, Nicholas also answers you on the forum within minutes usually and his answers are 5-10 paragraphs long in detail. He actually tries to think things through with you and suggest a better way to accomplish what you are doing.
The subscription component is powerful and works great. It also comes with a million plugins all well documented.
Professional products and support - too amazing for one guy. These types of extensions are what make Joomla so powerful and special. Thanks!