A feature list can be found here:
OSE Membership Version 6.3.0 - 7.0.0 beta1
* Enhancement - My account redirection URL is changed to SEF format
* Enhancement - Improved all redirction functions to use SEF formatted URL
* Enhancement - Improved PayOffline Workflow, the Payoffine email can show up in the billing history section.
* Enhancement - Improved all controller, model, views and CPU codes
* Enhancement - Improved Paypal Instant Payment Notification codes
* Enhancement - Improved Authorize.net Instant Payment Notification codes
* Enhancement - Improved Backend User Interface
* Enhancement - Improved Payment class
* New Feature - Added license keys feature
* Family / Group Membership feature (available in V7 only)
* Content Access Control Functions
** Show Teaser Content
** Sequential Access Control
** Hide the article list completely to the member only
** Hides Menus and Modules after user logins
* Membership / Group Management functions
** Create either Free Membership Plans or Paid Membership Plans with different Payment Options
** Unlimited Membership Levels with different different access levels
** Different Payment Options for different Membership Plans
** Multiple payment gateways with Automation: PayPal, Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, Authorize.net, BeanStream, Eway, VPCash, BBVA, ePay.dk, PayFast, 2Checkout, ClickBank, CCAvenue, USA ePay, IcePay, EBS, LiqPay, Realex
** Support Offline Payment
** Support one-off payments and recurring payments with flexible membership length
** Fixed Date Membership Plans
* Member Management Functions
** Add existing user to Membership / Create New Members
** View / Change membership status / start date / expiry date
* Comprehensive e-Commerce Functions
** Order management
** Customization email templates
** Coupon System
** Tax System
** Multiple Currency Shopping System
* Other functions
** Login redirection to a specific member menu
** Membership expiration notifications
** Affiliate software supported: iDefAffiliate and Post Affiliate Pro
I installed it - carefully following their instructions and it works wonderfully. No glitches; no conflicts - just pure performance. I had a bit of trouble customized registration form and showing logo on sales receipt, so I send them couple of tickets. I have never experienced such a great support/help before - I am truly amazed!
This program is really worth every penny you paid for it. I am using this component one of my subscription based website.
Thanks Helix and his wonderful team!!
The very very best thing about this is the CUSTOMER SUPPORT. They are excellent and take their time to solve your issue. They have great communication skills...I am VERY pleased!
Only cons is that the Version 4 does not support credit card payments so you will have to get an authorize.net account which will cost money. However, the Version 5 will accept credit card payments through Paypal. Not sure if Members will have to purchase the new version or get a free upgrade.
This product is worth every penny!!! If you are looking for a good membership control for your site..this is the one!
MSC is a brilliant membership solution for any website. It is very flexible and infinitely powerful. Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve 'cos it can do so much but the documentation is good. And the support is outstanding.
I needed a little customization so I mailed them to ask what it would cost. An hour later I got a plugin in my mailbox which did what I had asked for. I then asked for a further little modification to suit my needs, and got it another hour later. And no extra costs....
All my support questions were answered quickly and properly.
This component is worth every cent they are asking, don't even consider the cost. 'Cos when you find out how well the OSE team supports their product, you'll only be left wondering why they don't charge more:)
Thanks Helix and co.
a) the support guys are really excellent! Got me!
- so I even registered at their site.
-no compromises they keep their word
-customerorientation from which some programmers could learn a lot!
- And I got rewarded for helping them with their new website, they launched!
b) I'll wait for the next Version - and then I'll surely try again!
Can't wait for their component for J!1.6!
Developers are highly responsive to configuration and customisation requests and active against bugfix reports or suggestions of how things could be improved in their software.