As always, we put a lot of extra love into the crafting of this extension. And we know you're going to love it too. Take a quick look at some of the great features that are available:
* Joomla 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 & 2.5 compatible
* Easily distribute free or pay-for files for download
* Place file purchase button in any article or custom module
* K2 compatible
* Site registration not required for the buyer
* Integrated with PayPal's Instant Payment Notification (IPN)
* Supports all PayPal currency codes
* Supports all PayPal country codes
* Straight forward autonomous order processing
* Supports custom graphics for purchase buttons and download buttons
* Secured download file directory
* SEO friendly URLs for download listings
* Compatible with download accelerators
* Set allowed number of concurrent connections for download accelerators
* Set download speed limits in Kbps
* Limit file downloads by number of downloads
* Limit file downloads by expiration time
* Utilizes anitleeching technology
* Intuitive administration pages
* Robust independent messaging and limits for multiple items or per individual item listings
* Easy file management with the File Manager
* Stored transaction records for easy look up and management
* Per item download counter
* Supports Joomla's FTP layer for uploads
* IPN message logging for testing purposes
* Test mode for PayPal's sandbox
* French, Spanish, German, Swedish, Italian, Turkish, Japanese, Polish and English translations included
Release version 2.03 Changes:
* Added Turkish translation
* Added Japanese translation
Release version 2.04 Changes:
* Refined JSON response friendly tag replacement.
Release version 2.10 Changes:
* Added Polish Translation
This extension is also really easy to use which is important if you’re setting ut a site for an end user who isn’t very advanced.
So if you want to sell downloadable stuff, Nice PayPal Downloads is my No 1 choice that I’d be happy to recommend.
I had a technical issue with the downloading link from the customer's email - turned out to be a language issue which was easily rectified with a little tweaking around.
Definitely worth paying for.
I love how the checkout process is so fast. As soon as you click on the buy it now button, it takes you straight to the paypal page. This is very important to me because many users are too impatient to fill out a form and then have to go to paypal to fill out another form!
This extension is perfect for anyone looking for a reliable extension for digital downloads sales...as long as you're okay with having paypal as the only payment option. That's fine with me, I don't want to bother with setting up other payment options anyway, I'm lazy lol! It was well worth the price in my opinion.
Features I’d like to see in the future (making an awesome product even more awesome)
The ability to “Add to Cart” vs. just “Buy now”.
Export transaction list to CSV from the backend UI.
Once these features are added Joomla will need to allow a "Super-Excellent! "6 star rating to rate this product properly.
It installs easily, and there was great set-up documentation at the developer site to make sure it would configure properly to my PayPal account.
I do wish there was a way to reset the download counter on the back-end without deleting the download, and reloading it. Maybe something for the wish-list??
Thanks for the "super" review. It means a lot to me. I am happy to read that you are enjoying the Nice PayPal Downloads extension.
I just wanted to pop in and let you know that you can reset the download counter by clicking into the download item details. At the bottom of the details form you will see a field labeled "hits." Simply set the value to 0 (zero) and click save. The download counter will be reset.
If you need more assistance, visit our support forum. I'd be happy to help you further.
I had an issue which ultimately turned out to be my bad but the help was quick, thorough and fixed in just a few posts on the support forum with the developer.
Highly recommended if you don't need a full store.
It wasn’t working for me, so I swallowed hard and paid the higher cost for NPD, mainly because of the simplicity of its tagging system, which allows you to put the Paypal button anywhere you want instead of in a predesigned page created by the extension. NPD’s greater flexibility and ease-of-use have helped me finish building my website in short order. I should add that the questions I posed on NPD’s support forum were answered promptly and exhaustively.
I wish NPD were cheaper, but I can attest to the accuracy of the official description of NPD on the Joomla Extensions page for that product.
We ran into a snag with corrupted downloads. Contacted the developer and within 12 hours he was totally engaged in the problem.
Really refreshing was how well he listened to what the issue was and dug right in to finding a solution.
Turned out the issue was subtle and hard to track down. The developer stayed with it until the mystery was solved and we are up and running! If this extension and the service I got from the developer are any indication of the quality of Trinitroinc's other offerings, buy them! You won't regret it!
I rewiewed the installation guide, which is in most cases adequate.
But i didn`t get the mails sent out, so i decided to ask in the forum from the dev-website.
And in the next two days the problem was fixed!
Very fast and good support!
Keep on doing your business in this manner.