- This extension requires registration to download.
Note : In version 2.6.0, we just released 10 new payment plugins for Documents Seller. They are : Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, FirstData , Moneybookers, 2Checkout, Authorize.net SIM, Worldpay, Alertpay, DPS Px Pay, MIGS: MasterCard Internet Gateway Service (Australia).Now, Documents Seller supports total 13 different payment gateways .
How it works :
1. Customers go to your site, browse for documents and choose the documents which they want to purchase.
2. Customer fill in order form, pay for the selected documents using one on of available payment gateway .
3. Administrator will received an email notification about the order .
4. Customers will receive an confirmation email about the order. In this email, they can get the purchased documents (sent as attachments if you enable this feature). They can also get the documents by clicking on the download links sent in this email (if you enable this feature) .
5. Customers can come back to your site later to download future versions of the purchased documents. Of course, you can limit this download by time or by number of downloads (see explanation below) .
6. Administrator can manage these orders from back-end .
1. Nested categories : DMS allows you to organize your documents cross infinite categories and subcategories.
2. Documents management : DMS allows you to upload documents, enter document description, setup price and download restrictions from back-end of your site. From version 2.5.7, a document can be assigned to multiple categories.
3. Flexible download restrictions : You can limit download by time or by number of download.
4. Multi-payment gateways support : Right now, DMS support Paypal, authorize.net, EWAY and Moneybooker payment gateways. We will continue working and adding more payment gateways to the extensions in the near future.
5. Allows you to collect user's information (first name, last name...) when they download your FREE document (this is configurable, mean you can turn this feature of) .
6. Offline payment support .
7. Orders management : You can manage orders from back-end, assign an order to a user, export orders into csv format to view it in MS office application .
8. Powerful tags system .
9: Powerful custom fields feature: With the custom fields feature, you can now ad
If the front end user navigation is improved and displayed the folder structures I would rate this product 5 stars!
Thanks for your feedback . In fact, the two mentioned features were in Documents Seller already :
1. For navigation, users can navigate easily between pages : Category page, documents list, checkout.... They can also come back to previous pages using the links in the pathway. Did you enable pathway module on your site ?
2. For folder structures : Documents seller allows you to place your documents in folder / sub-folders already.
BTW, Documents Seller is an on-going development extension, so suggestions from customer like you is always welcome :) .
I requested a new feature, Subscription based downloads, and before I had a chance to leave the site's contact portal there was already a personal response awaiting in my inbox from Tuan informing me of how and when he was intending on implementing this new functionality. Naturally, I assumed that the response was an automated e-mail for my question due to the speed of the replay, but after two more back and forth e-mails containing even more specific and personalized answers, I realized it was the core programmer answering my questions PERSONALLY!!!
Thanks and I recommend anyone who wants a versatile yet simple solution to digital downloads to give 'Document Seller' a try!
I think if the author continues to develop this application it could be a top product in its field.
A couple of small improvements, such as including tax rates and shipping and it will be even better - but there is a work around with paypal.
The integration with paypal is smooth and painless, especially for novice joomla users.
Looking forward to seeing what future updates bring!
I have been dying for this software - it is everything I needed and more. It is also everything you promised.
For the last 6 months I had been using the old DocMAN seller - and although it was okay - it wasn't the end-user experience I had hoped for.
in addition, my customers had to make multiple purchases (one at a time) and I believe I lost a lot of business because of the cumbersome process.
Then along came the new DMS Docseller.
Installation and configuration were a breeze, and the user experience/flow as well as functionality are awesome.
Thanks for your personal attention to my case on your forums.
Looking forward to what you come up with next.
ps - $20 bucks? A steal!
1. A hassle-free installation of the extension
2. An intuitive way for your customers to make a purchase
3. Some support from the developer should there be an issue.
Documents Seller is one of the most powerful, well thought-out extensions I have seen in years, delivering on points 1 & 2 flawlessly.
Tuan, delivers on point 3 with such professionalism that you realize instantly why points 1 & 2 are so effortlessly there.
As it happens, I happened to have a request which had not been catered for. Tuan turned it round within eight hours and made it available for download.
This is high-quality work, backed by rock-solid support. Definitely deserves your support and deserves to do well. One of those times when I can say with total confidence that you will not be disappointed.
I only had one document to sell so wanted customers to be able to push the PayPal Buy Now button and go straight to PayPal and then once paid receive an email with the download link. I didn't want a shopping cart.
I had tried other extensions without success and no support but Tuan customised his extension so I could achieve what I wanted. He really went out of his way which I really appreciated.
The extension has nice clean code and is easy to install and configure.
It's DocMan on steroids, has great features and the Documents Seller team is helpful as (special thanks to Tuan from Allen).
If you have used DocMan then much of its look and feel will be familiar. If not, then there is a learning curve, but worth the effort. The only negative I could see was a lack of documented instructions, but this is being addressed.
In short, if your serious about selling online then this is an extension you should take a good look at and consider the purchase (even if, like me, you don't generally buy extensions).
Installation - Easy to install and configure. I was up and running in a matter of minutes. Though I only had one pdf document, I was excited to see how powerful Documents Seller. I can see that it will fit our needs as we grow and add more documents.
Support - I posted several questions on the forum that got answered within minutes. I felt like I was talking to them in realtime. When I couldn't figure out a problem I was having, I contacted the support team on Skype. I provided him with backend access to help troubleshoot a problem I had for hours. He figured out the problem within 10 minutes. Tuan is the man!! He is not only technically sharp, but patient and respectful. This made it worth every penny. You can't find better support for a product than these guys. I highly and enthusiastically recommend them!
As my team's Joomla guru, I feel like Tuan and his support team have my back, so I'm never at a loss. Great product, tremendous, helpful, fast, courteous support. No regrets here!