- This extension requires registration to download.
Note : In version 2.6.0, we just released 10 new payment plugins for Documents Seller. They are : Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, FirstData , Moneybookers, 2Checkout, Authorize.net SIM, Worldpay, Alertpay, DPS Px Pay, MIGS: MasterCard Internet Gateway Service (Australia).Now, Documents Seller supports total 13 different payment gateways .
How it works :
1. Customers go to your site, browse for documents and choose the documents which they want to purchase.
2. Customer fill in order form, pay for the selected documents using one on of available payment gateway .
3. Administrator will received an email notification about the order .
4. Customers will receive an confirmation email about the order. In this email, they can get the purchased documents (sent as attachments if you enable this feature). They can also get the documents by clicking on the download links sent in this email (if you enable this feature) .
5. Customers can come back to your site later to download future versions of the purchased documents. Of course, you can limit this download by time or by number of downloads (see explanation below) .
6. Administrator can manage these orders from back-end .
1. Nested categories : DMS allows you to organize your documents cross infinite categories and subcategories.
2. Documents management : DMS allows you to upload documents, enter document description, setup price and download restrictions from back-end of your site. From version 2.5.7, a document can be assigned to multiple categories.
3. Flexible download restrictions : You can limit download by time or by number of download.
4. Multi-payment gateways support : Right now, DMS support Paypal, authorize.net, EWAY and Moneybooker payment gateways. We will continue working and adding more payment gateways to the extensions in the near future.
5. Allows you to collect user's information (first name, last name...) when they download your FREE document (this is configurable, mean you can turn this feature of) .
6. Offline payment support .
7. Orders management : You can manage orders from back-end, assign an order to a user, export orders into csv format to view it in MS office application .
8. Powerful tags system .
9: Powerful custom fields feature: With the custom fields feature, you can now ad
This is extremely important to stop people from distributing your documents. This functionality does require an extra library (pdftk) which is free and works on both linux and windows servers.
This component is very easy to install and setup, and still is very powerful with shopping cart and in the newest release with easy management of many documents.
I worked closely with the developer on the pdf stamping feature (it is not anywhere else) and he works hard and does a very good job.
Highly recommended! Easy and powerful!
Thanks Anders so much for working hard with me on Stamp PDF feature and this nice review. To other customers, you only need to use PDFTK library if you want to have Stamp PDF feature, otherwise, don't worry about this library.
I had a couple of configuration problems (with my joomla insalation) However the support team logged into my account and corrected the problems.
I feel the support team act very quickly and go far and beyond the call of duty to ensure everthing works perfectly..
Installation and configuration were simple and well documented, the component works smoothly.
Ossolution gets my full recomendation on this product and since I'm really pleased with the service I'll definitly hire them for individual jobs as well.
Don't pay attention to the previous two (bad) reviews, as those people clearly didn't know what they were purchasing or how to install/configure per instructions. I installed and configured the previous version (Documents Seller for Docman) in under 5 minutes without problem. And when I contacted support, they were prompt and courteous.
Additional the support is pretty poor and simply dissapaered.
We had accidently ordered the version for jomsocial, but needed the CB version, so I informed them about this, first they said that they would refund, but since we had already trouble with the setup, i asked if we could hire him for getting everything working, so instead of refunding us he could deduct it from the amount we would have to pay him.
They agreed and everything looked ok, but then they just vanished and now we have 2 versions, which we can't use since it simply doesn't work.
So my personal advise: Stay away from this extension if you are not on a high PHP level
First of all, I am sorry to hear that you could not get the extension setup and running.
Second, The extension does not have a version for JomSocial or CB . It just simply integrate with Community builder, so I am not sure you are talking about the correct version.
I have sold many copies of the extension and most of clients can get it work easily. Some of them cannot get it work, they just need to contact our support and everything will work fine.
The weakness of the extension is that it lack of document and client doesn't know how to set up and config it.(It requires upload a file which we hacked into Docman to over-write the original one and some clients get trouble with it).
Our support has been so good, not only for Document Seller for docman but also for other extensions : Joom Donation, CB plugins selection.. In the last days, the support were abit slow because I spent most of the time to develop new extension : Documents Seller. This extension has same functions with Documents Seller For Docman, work with Joomla 1.5 native, doesn't require Docman any more. Plus, it has some new nice features : Shopping cart, coupons, Tags...We also improved documents for the extension, setup a support tickets system to serve you better ,
To all visitor who read this review : Come to our site, look at the features of the new extension, you will see that it is the best extension for selling your downloadable products.
Why did you leave us this bad review and rating ?
The problem is that you don't know how to use the extension and didn't contact us for support . You just need to unzip and upload the file standardbuttons.zip file to folder plugins/docman (in Joomla 1.5) and mambots/docman (Joomla 1.0.x) and all will work fine .
And for this price, there is no alternative.
Thank you very much for a nice review and your suggestion . The cart feature were planed but we didn't have time to implement it before because we were busy for our project . Now , we are working hard on it and the next version will be released on next week .