- This extension requires registration to download.
Note : In version 2.6.0, we just released 10 new payment plugins for Documents Seller. They are : Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, FirstData , Moneybookers, 2Checkout, Authorize.net SIM, Worldpay, Alertpay, DPS Px Pay, MIGS: MasterCard Internet Gateway Service (Australia).Now, Documents Seller supports total 13 different payment gateways .
How it works :
1. Customers go to your site, browse for documents and choose the documents which they want to purchase.
2. Customer fill in order form, pay for the selected documents using one on of available payment gateway .
3. Administrator will received an email notification about the order .
4. Customers will receive an confirmation email about the order. In this email, they can get the purchased documents (sent as attachments if you enable this feature). They can also get the documents by clicking on the download links sent in this email (if you enable this feature) .
5. Customers can come back to your site later to download future versions of the purchased documents. Of course, you can limit this download by time or by number of downloads (see explanation below) .
6. Administrator can manage these orders from back-end .
1. Nested categories : DMS allows you to organize your documents cross infinite categories and subcategories.
2. Documents management : DMS allows you to upload documents, enter document description, setup price and download restrictions from back-end of your site. From version 2.5.7, a document can be assigned to multiple categories.
3. Flexible download restrictions : You can limit download by time or by number of download.
4. Multi-payment gateways support : Right now, DMS support Paypal, authorize.net, EWAY and Moneybooker payment gateways. We will continue working and adding more payment gateways to the extensions in the near future.
5. Allows you to collect user's information (first name, last name...) when they download your FREE document (this is configurable, mean you can turn this feature of) .
6. Offline payment support .
7. Orders management : You can manage orders from back-end, assign an order to a user, export orders into csv format to view it in MS office application .
8. Powerful tags system .
9: Powerful custom fields feature: With the custom fields feature, you can now ad
The support is excellent and responsive and the price is right.
The thing even tracks your orders which you can then down load to CSV.
You can even upload stuff in CSV.
Does more than what it says :)
We are using their system to sell e-books in three different languages and so far we haven't got a single complaint. They deliver exactly what they promise + including a fantastic service!
It's so nice to download a Joomla product that actually works 100%...
So FIVE big shining stars from AWI-Group, Denmark
One thing though. The document URL is a predictable pattern. I think this means I can go to everybody's Docman seller site and leech free books.
I'll be happy to hear I'm wrong and turn this Good to an Excellent.
I was able to set up 300+ files for download with payment thru Paypal in one day - and I'm no pro.
Great support, very nice component. A great value.
Support is very quick and excellent.
This is the first time I spend my time to write a review on a component and I am happy to begin with this one.
The support was FANTASTIC. Well above and beyond what I would expect for an extension that only cost $US20 to download (with upgrades for a year!).
Thanks Ossolution and Joomservices, great work!
Support is very good and reactive.
Only one regret : the component is not Joomla 1.5 native
Thanks for your nice review . We are waiting for docman to release the version which works with Joomla 1.5 native . Once Docman works with Joomla 1.5 native, Our extension will be ported to Joomla 1.5 native , too .
There is some weirdness, however -- about 30% of the time, clients are not receiving the Download link in their email, so I have to manually send them the link. This is quite a pain. They've checked their Junk Mail folders, too, and it isn't there.
By main gripe, though, is the support provided by Ossolution. Other people's experiences might be different to mine, but I have requested support from Ossolution on two separate occasions, for two different reasons. BOTH times I had to wait weeks for any kind of response. Given that this is a commercial product, and given that it's an extension aimed at raising revenue for your site, this isn't up to scratch -- twice I lost quite a bit of income while I waited for any kind of reply. (The reply, when it did arrive, was helpful and did solve my problem... but it wasn't anything dramatically complicated and could've been attended to fairly quickly.)
On the other hand, I know others who've been very satisfied with Ossolution's support. But I thought it was worth mentioning my own experience.
Ossolution really have it together and have done a great job with this extension, I'm happy to recommend it. :)
Thank you guys for such a great product and customization of it to better fit my needs.