Some Cool Features Include
* Joomla 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5 & 3.0 compatible.
* Compatible with K2
* Add buttons anywhere on a page where text can be placed, i.e, articles, modules, etc.
* 6 button types: Buy Now, Pay Now, Donation, Add to Cart & View Cart, Add to Cart only, and View Cart only.
* Supports custom button graphic replacement.
* Integrated with PayPal Shopping Cart system
* Set a dollar amount or allow the payee enter it, great for payee specified donation amounts.
* Supports PayPal Merchant ID numbers.
* Set different PayPal seller accounts for individual buttons.
* Set the item name.
* Supports item numbers.
* Supports per item shipping amounts.
* Up to 9 product option fields available (PayPal's limit).
* Supports PayPal button text entry field.
* Supports PayPal button product options drop-down box.
* Added support for PayPal button product options drop-down box with multiple prices.
* Supports 2nd shipping amount per each additional unit.
* Support for default button size, large/small
* Support for PayPal window target, _self/_blank
* Supports PayPal account based shipping calculations.
* Supports PayPal account based shipping using weight in lbs or kgs.
* Supports flat tax & tax rate (percentage based).
* Configurable options aid in supporting VAT and GST tax.
* Set item quantity.
* Supports the specification of a unique return URL and cancel URL per button.
* Supports PayPal country codes.
* Set PayPal payment page language.
* Supports all PayPal supported currency codes.
* Setting for PayPal button language
* Basic support for PayPal Hosted Buttons
* Test mode option, point to PayPal sandbox account.
* Language support.
* Included Admin Panel Translations English, Español, Français, Italiano, Svenska, Deutsch, Pусский, Slovenski jezik and हिंदी.
Release version 2.91 Changes:
* Added JSON response friendly tag replacement.
Release version 2.92 Changes:
* Joomla 3.0 compatible.
Release version 2.93 Changes:
Added Solvenian translation.
It has over 20 items on sale.
We used the contribution button, the downloads button, and the nice paypal button.
Half of the 20 items are in Spanish.
What I am getting at is, I received all the support I needed to get all these things done, despite my ineptness with Joomla and PayPal and Tritronic. My deepest gratitude! Thank you for helping us put out a first class catalog website!
Then, I had to have a way, for the current site, to show pictures in a great way and also to buy the itmes shown in those pictures, too. I have NO idea how to set up something so complex as VM is and a lot of the free and commercial stuff WAS complex. Finally, I found this extension and not only did it supply a HOW TO video tutorial which explained it easily, it WORKED!! best of all, I am using RSMEDIA GALLERY for the pictures and by editing the details of the picture within that extension and adding the tag for this one, you can have the gallery AND the buying all in one spot!! Simply BRILLIANT WORK this extension!
It installs easily, and there was great set-up documentation at the developer site to make sure it would configure properly to my PayPal account.
I do wish there was a way to reset the download counter on the back-end without deleting the download, and reloading it. Maybe something for the wish-list??
Thanks for the "awesome" review. It means a lot to me. I am happy to read that you are enjoying the Nice PayPal Downloads extension.
I just wanted to pop in and let you know that you can reset the download counter by clicking into the download item details. At the bottom of the details form you will see a field labeled "hits." Simply set the value to 0 (zero) and click save. The download counter will be reset.
If you need more assistance, visit our support forum. I'd be happy to help you further.
You can get the one Joomla! element for a reasonable price but I would highly recommend the bundle. It is fairly inexpensive for all that you get. It provides 12 months of updates and the license is great.
You can make tests with paypal sandbox and it logs the ipn activity! So you can use your component as an administrator to see how many payments you have received.
Thank you so much for the encouraging review. I really appreciate it.
Based on your description though, I believe you meant to leave this review for the Nice PayPal Downloads extension and not the Nice PayPal Button plugin. As the Nice PayPal Downloads works with IPN and the Nice PayPal Button does not.
In any event, I simply wanted to say thank you and to clarify for the sake of other readers.
~ All the best
they spent many hours (for free) checking the back-end system via a login and ftp.
what he was able to find i would have never been able to be do.
it turns out that the problem was with my joomla but they did not dismiss me at all and was very professional and explained every step of the way with me. i would recommend the program to everyone, just the customer support alone is worth it.
I needed a couple of additional functionalities not offerred by the button directly and I emailed the developer. He clearly understood my problem and he suggested a workaround to build my functionality using this plugin. And like others have said, he was amazingly fast in responding (despite the holiday time). Great customer service and willingness to help.
If at all I have to point out any opportunity, they can make it a little easier to set the parameters. The parameters are separated simply by a pipe symbol "|" and when you have to set a lot of parameters (like in my case I had 3 text boxes and 1 drop down), it becomes easy to loose track of the "|"s. But that's a minor one.
I give it a 5/5.
First I wanted to use an extension on here that I knew offered that feature - but I didn't like the look of the website or the very restrictive licensing conditions. No trust = no buy where I am concerned.
Secondly I bought a cheap extension that I thought would do the trick. It didn't work....
Next I went with nice paypal - I was up and runningin minutes and had a perfectly servicable solution. I wanted extra functionaluty so I commented on a post in the form also requesting this functionality. I was personally e-mailed by the developer within 24 hours with the new extension that had my required functionality.....what more can anyone want!
Good stuff from a very good developer... :)
The service and support provided by Michael is OUTSTANDING. The service he provided went beyond what I would expect to receive from anyone. I had problems using the plugin with K2 items but Michael was able to help me fix this problem and explain to me what was happening and what he was doing to fix. The plugin works great with K2 items….