Please read our full list of features here
Based on Joomla MVC framework with all its advantage:
- Template overriding,
- Implementation of Joomla Plugins for: payment, shipment, coupons, calculation rules, custom product fields, ...
- Simple installation and integration of other joomla extensions.
- Joomla 2.5 ACL
- nested categories
- with meta tags for seo
- with description and media
- with meta tags for seo
- short and long description
- dimensions (weight, size)
- multiple media
- variants, attributes
- unlimited child products and derivated levels
- product pattern (Parent product used as pattern for child products)
- related products
- reviews and ratings
- pricing depending by shoppergroups
- price display depending by shoppergroups
- payment/shipment depending by shoppergroups
- customizable shopper input form
- input form depended on registration, checkout or shipment
- default Bill-to and Ship-to address
- default payment and shipment method
- stock warning
- virtual stock (ordered but not finally bought)
- various type of prices to display depended by shoppergroup
- prices adjusted by shopper choosen currency
- different currency format per currency
- unit price
- quantity based pricing
REAL MULTI CURRENCY
- auto updating rates
- add your own currencies for fixed currency rates
- default SEF/SEO integrated
- discounts based on time, category, shoppergroup, country, and state
- tax based on time, category, shoppergroup, country, and state
- discounts, tax per product and/or order
- discounts, tax have their own currencies (for duties)
- based on plugins, already onboard:PayPal, Paypal Pro, Paypal Express Checkout, Klarna and Klarna Checkout, Sofort Banking and Sofort iDeal, Skrill, Heidelpay, Authorize.net, (and a lot more in the net)
- minimal amount / maximal amount to use a payment
- transaction fees
- by countries
- by shopper groups
- based on plugins
- by shopper groups
- by countries
- guest checkout; completly anonymous checkout
- option to register at begin of checkout
- cart is an object, competly overridable by template
- cart is stored in the session
- multi-page checkout
- one page checkout
- payment/shipment workflow
- order tracking for anonymous users
- order editing
- pdf invoice, delivery note
- topten (most sold)
- native with joomla 1.7
- with extra joomla components (joomfish) for joomla 1.5
MARKETING PROMOTION AND TOOLS
- coupon handling
I have no idea how this managed to get editors pick.
I give VirtueMart 4 out of 5 stars because you can create a free, functional store pretty quickly. Just know that you will have to edit some of the code yourself if you're doing more than the most basic store.
If you're willing to go hunting on the internet to find fixes for the problems with this component and aren't afraid of coding, I'd say the all of the nice features that it includes are worth the trouble.
(1)nice graphics that make you think the interface is easy to use
(2)It has everything you need :
manufacturers admin,products admin with a multi reference system and more...
(4)In its basic version, allows the distribution and selling of downloadable Products. With order processing and customer login and profile features,
(1)the code is messy.
(2)forum support can be better
The Virtuemart project can be improved but, using Virtuemart on my website is making me money, so I'm happy with it :)
To eiger, with all due respect, I have to totally disagree with you. It's true that we have to do a lot of setups, but in the end it's not nothing. It's definitely something.
To pacc, not sure how you configured the coupon, but coupon feature does work on my site. Although it's not quite shopisticated, but it's enough to be either as a one time use or permanent use (percentage or dollar). Also, I guess you might have made mistake when configured the shipping option. Shipping option does work if you configure correctly. About loop, there might something wrong with your Joomla setup.
To sputnikweb, it's weird when you said that you've been with VM for couple years but yet could not resolve a very simple problem where Virtuemart didn't appear in the Components menu. That made me asked myself, did you really play around with VM for couple years? If you really have been with VM for couple years, you should have become a VM expert rather than complained for a very very minor problem! Unbelievable! I have been with VM for about one year and am already able to solve many of VM problems by myself!
To weatherfront, same as above.
To vujsa, instead of posting your errors here, you should have posted it in VM forum. Or you should have searched VM forum because your errors were not unique. I found those kind of errors have been discussed tons of times in VM forum. Please do not be lazy. If you want a free product, you must be diligent enough to search the forums. If you do not want to be diligent enough, then you have to be willing to spend a lot of money (hundreds or thousands of dollars for commercial shopping cart softwares).
Using VirtueMart with Joomla is by far the best solution for any online store. They are made for each other.
I recommend VirtueMart to anyone who wants an online store...
The site offers free downloads, to pay downloads, shipping products with direct manual download and only content, everything goes well or was solved by own.
And the best, it's not looking like a typical "web shop". Of course, everything can be done better but this is great for me and therefore thank you Soeren and team. If somebody is interested send an e-mail or look via my e-mail extension to the site.
Two languages are implemented but only used at hts moment for all terms, the menue an some content.
I have just downloaded and attempted to install in a dev environment. My first attempt at installing seemed to go just fine but VM simply didn't appear in the Components menu. I had little choice but to overwrite my files with a fresh copy and delete the appropriate chunks of the database before trying again. This time I get instructed to install the extensions manually. So I try a fresh install and still get the latter error. This does not bode well so, based on this experience and the comments below, I am giving up!
Whilst I appreciate that this is Open Source, and I have enormous respect for anyone and everyone choosing to contribute to the well-being of the project, when you are at the helm of such an important (one may even say "industry standard") extension such as this one you really do have an obligation to release versions that work properly. Part of me wants to install a version I've got in archive from last year sometime but that would be a bad retrograde step!
Never mind... I'm off to find another extension that'll do the job I need! Thanks VM - it's been good :-) Perhaps we'll catch up again soon once you've worked through your issues!