Based on Joomla MVC framework with all its advantage:
- Template overriding,
- Implementation of Joomla Plugins for: payment, shipment, coupons, calculation rules, custom product fields, ...
- Simple installation and integration of other joomla extensions.
- Joomla 2.5 ACL
- nested categories
- with meta tags for seo
- with description and media
- with meta tags for seo
- short and long description
- dimensions (weight, size)
- multiple media
- variants, attributes
- unlimited child products and derivated levels
- product pattern (Parent product used as pattern for child products)
- related products
- reviews and ratings
- pricing depending by shoppergroups
- price display depending by shoppergroups
- payment/shipment depending by shoppergroups
- customizable shopper input form
- input form depended on registration, checkout or shipment
- default Bill-to and Ship-to address
- default payment and shipment method
- stock warning
- virtual stock (ordered but not finally bought)
- various type of prices to display depended by shoppergroup
- prices adjusted by shopper choosen currency
- different currency format per currency
- unit price
- quantity based pricing
REAL MULTI CURRENCY
- auto updating rates
- add your own currencies for fixed currency rates
- default SEF/SEO integrated
- discounts based on time, category, shoppergroup, country, and state
- tax based on time, category, shoppergroup, country, and state
- discounts, tax per product and/or order
- discounts, tax have their own currencies (for duties)
- based on plugins: PayPal, Authorize.net, PayZen, Systempay, Moneybookers, Klarna and Klarna Checkout, Heidelpay, Sofort and Sofort iDeal
- minimal amount / maximal amount to use a payment
- transaction fees
- by countries
- by shopper groups
- based on plugins
- by shopper groups
- by countries
- guest checkout; completly anonymous checkout
- option to register at begin of checkout
- cart is an object, competly overridable by template
- cart is stored in the session
- multi-page checkout
- one page checkout
- payment/shipment workflow
- order tracking for anonymous users
- order editing
- pdf invoice, delivery note
- topten (most sold)
- native with joomla 1.7
- with extra joomla components (joomfish) for joomla 1.5
MARKETING PROMOTION AND TOOLS
- coupon handling
- recommend a product to friend link
- mail to shoppers who bought the product
- debugging tool
The site offers free downloads, to pay downloads, shipping products with direct manual download and only content, everything goes well or was solved by own.
And the best, it's not looking like a typical "web shop". Of course, everything can be done better but this is great for me and therefore thank you Soeren and team. If somebody is interested send an e-mail or look via my e-mail extension to the site.
Two languages are implemented but only used at hts moment for all terms, the menue an some content.
I have just downloaded and attempted to install in a dev environment. My first attempt at installing seemed to go just fine but VM simply didn't appear in the Components menu. I had little choice but to overwrite my files with a fresh copy and delete the appropriate chunks of the database before trying again. This time I get instructed to install the extensions manually. So I try a fresh install and still get the latter error. This does not bode well so, based on this experience and the comments below, I am giving up!
Whilst I appreciate that this is Open Source, and I have enormous respect for anyone and everyone choosing to contribute to the well-being of the project, when you are at the helm of such an important (one may even say "industry standard") extension such as this one you really do have an obligation to release versions that work properly. Part of me wants to install a version I've got in archive from last year sometime but that would be a bad retrograde step!
Never mind... I'm off to find another extension that'll do the job I need! Thanks VM - it's been good :-) Perhaps we'll catch up again soon once you've worked through your issues!
so i have resorted to using this for the sale and download of the software (great system, love this) then for the subscription process and download management i am currently setting up AEC and DocMan. Although i would prefer one solution (plugins and extensions for virtualmart are good hint hint :P )
i do realize though the scope of this application , i have create a few custom shopping cart systems in the past for clients on asp and asp.net so deff. hats off on a excellent product so far. once i get some free time from my other projects i will take some out and maybe make a really good plugin for this.
cheers. nice job
It gets a little frustrating at times when configuring authorize.net, but its is still worth the effort.
I'd like to see a lot more in the way of reporting and tools that are of more use to a larger ecommerce site. Processing orders is still a little cumbersome from the back end.
Just a few issues:
- Thumbnails and images don't upload correctly.
- The user sessions don't work well with the rest of Joomla.
- Various error and warning message may be encountered prior to patching both Joomla and VirtueMart core files.
- Very limited options for shipping
PHP and MySQL version seem to be a factor on some servers. Not sure how there is such a high rating for this component or positive reviews. Perhaps some users didn't fully configure and execute VM prior to rating the product.
If you weren't running a complex or large shopping cart, then this might work for you but I doubt it.
Supposed to be fixed in this new version but its the same, I have to admit defeat and I am somewhat annoyed by this as it used to be (back to 1.12) very good but this one still no good.
I gives me the possibility to combine Joomla and my shop.
Everyone talks about magento but for me, virtuemart is the killer shop system.
For Gods sake there was the update. I already thought that the project sleeps although of thousands entries in the forum.
But the biggest problem to me now seems to be that questions are not being answered on the forums by the developers. I realise it is open source and people dedicate time to it but it did seem to have so much promise. Not getting answers gives the impression at least that the project is not very active!
For me duplication of images is a major issue especially when you are talking 900 images. An ongoing issue that still is not resolved and one which could have a major impact on someones hosting account.
Customisation of certain areas is not always to straight forward either.
The product overall does the job but I do not feel I can't give to higher mark based on the points raised above.
I have been playing with Virtuemart for a few months and I have only recently gone live with my first shop.
With in a month I have managed to get a few sales and I am now busy working on traffic.
Only real issue I have had was getting some proper checkout templates. I ended up using templates from a template site that was modifiable to my taste.
Would be nice to see a add on what gives you the capability to work with multiple orders at once and to do shipment track.
But all and all I very,very happy with Virtuemart!!!
Thanks again for providing us with this beautifull piece of work!
I was breaking my head for 2 days now, trying to fix it.
I asked this question at the VirtueMart forum but did not get an answer...
I tried to contact the developer but the "contact us" form on VirtueMart site does not work..!?
My impression is: very poor coding and no support.
Before this, I was using OSCommerce and Zen Cart, which are great shopping carts, but aren't designed for Joomla.
That being said, there are a few bugs in it that seem to me the developers didn't thoroughly test everything they updated. Most notably, there is an error in the code that essentially breaks the ability to add a shipper. There is a fix for this on their forums, but the last update for VirtueMart was 8 over months ago.