Based on Joomla MVC framework with all its advantage:
- Template overriding,
- Implementation of Joomla Plugins for: payment, shipment, coupons, calculation rules, custom product fields, ...
- Simple installation and integration of other joomla extensions.
- Joomla 2.5 ACL
- nested categories
- with meta tags for seo
- with description and media
- with meta tags for seo
- short and long description
- dimensions (weight, size)
- multiple media
- variants, attributes
- unlimited child products and derivated levels
- product pattern (Parent product used as pattern for child products)
- related products
- reviews and ratings
- pricing depending by shoppergroups
- price display depending by shoppergroups
- payment/shipment depending by shoppergroups
- customizable shopper input form
- input form depended on registration, checkout or shipment
- default Bill-to and Ship-to address
- default payment and shipment method
- stock warning
- virtual stock (ordered but not finally bought)
- various type of prices to display depended by shoppergroup
- prices adjusted by shopper choosen currency
- different currency format per currency
- unit price
- quantity based pricing
REAL MULTI CURRENCY
- auto updating rates
- add your own currencies for fixed currency rates
- default SEF/SEO integrated
- discounts based on time, category, shoppergroup, country, and state
- tax based on time, category, shoppergroup, country, and state
- discounts, tax per product and/or order
- discounts, tax have their own currencies (for duties)
- based on plugins, already onboard:PayPal, Paypal Pro, Paypal Express Checkout, Klarna and Klarna Checkout, Sofort Banking and Sofort iDeal, Skrill, Heidelpay, Authorize.net, (and a lot more in the net)
- minimal amount / maximal amount to use a payment
- transaction fees
- by countries
- by shopper groups
- based on plugins
- by shopper groups
- by countries
- guest checkout; completly anonymous checkout
- option to register at begin of checkout
- cart is an object, competly overridable by template
- cart is stored in the session
- multi-page checkout
- one page checkout
- payment/shipment workflow
- order tracking for anonymous users
- order editing
- pdf invoice, delivery note
- topten (most sold)
- native with joomla 1.7
- with extra joomla components (joomfish) for joomla 1.5
MARKETING PROMOTION AND TOOLS
- coupon handling
- recommend a product to friend link
- mail to shoppers who bought the product
- debugging tool
Personally I had several error warnings setting up the shop and as not being an experienced user I got afraid and gave up.
I am currently using another component (unfortunately a commercial one) and I do not have a single problem.
All I regret is the time I have lost trying to make virtuemart work.
Not for me.
If i was going to install this on my own site, I would love to test it out an report bugs. But since its for a customer, I don't want to upset them and I am going to use a more tried and tested shopping cart.
I would wait until the next version, because this one is not ready for to be distributed.
Installation and configuration was faultless and it does exactly what I want it to do.
Would highly recommend this product to anyone who wishes to see online, whether shippable goods or downloads, this shopping cart covers it all.
Well done and keep up the good work.
I’m amazed at some of the negativity I’ve seen about Virtuemart. Some of it is based on their forum support. Let’s remember that this is a very small team of VOLUNTEERS trying to help a huge number of users. Yet if you ask something in the right place that hasn’t already been answered (and aren’t a pushy _ _ _), someone will help you. Before you get upset, keep in mind that a lot of bugs you may come across are actually a problem with your own server or browser setup.
Let’s face it, e-commerce is not for the faint of heart…even in 2008. Virtuemart makes it about as easy as it comes for a beginner, but you very well may have to sort through a few bugs and challenges. Don’t give up. Once you get through a site or two, I think you’ll find this an amazing tool!
A few things it has:
* An easy to use theming system which gives you full control of layout and style
* A strong integration with Joomla. There are 13 optional modules plus plugins to integrate with the normal Joomla search and allow for inserting products into Joomla articles. Users are synchronized, and products or categories can be linked to from Joomla menus
* Good CSV import/export with an addon called CSV extended
* Most of the features you’ll find in other open source shopping carts
* Hacks are available for adding certain features (although some haven't been updated)
Some things it doesn’t have:
* Joomla native SEF. However, there are 3rd party SEF extensions that work with it
* Events, Subscriptions, wish list
* Comprehensive reporting
* Backend is clunky for making multiple edits or additions (although csv extended can solve this if you’re technically saavy)
* Poor, untemplatable custom fields implementation (product types)
* Dynamic front end product attributes
* A sexy front end out of the box (as Magento)
We sell the same producs but at a range of different prices to different customers and I was thrilled to discover that you can set up a new Shopper Group for each type of customer and then allocate a different price for each Group - GREAT!
Now I just need it to automatically upgrade customers to a more discounted Shopper Group when they hit a predetermined monthly sales figure and I won't have to do any admin at all!
Thanks for a great product.
Although i had a few problem like when cache is turned on in Joomla global config, a "Page last modified:" with no date appeared at the bottom of every VM page, but i solved it via their forum....
Great app, good supper, excellent customization and integration...
I definitely recomend it :)
It's also very cusomisable and has an active forum that help with questions.
I found where to place it and everything works great!
I love Joomla!
I love Virtuemart!
file to fix: /components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php
global $mosConfig_absolute_path, $product_id, $vmInputFilter,
global $mosConfig_absolute_path, $product_id, $vmInputFilter, $category_id;
Thanks Dragonmann117 for the info