Please read our full list of features here
Based on Joomla MVC framework with all its advantage:
- Template overriding,
- Implementation of Joomla Plugins for: payment, shipment, coupons, calculation rules, custom product fields, ...
- Simple installation and integration of other joomla extensions.
- Joomla 2.5 ACL
- nested categories
- with meta tags for seo
- with description and media
- with meta tags for seo
- short and long description
- dimensions (weight, size)
- multiple media
- variants, attributes
- unlimited child products and derivated levels
- product pattern (Parent product used as pattern for child products)
- related products
- reviews and ratings
- pricing depending by shoppergroups
- price display depending by shoppergroups
- payment/shipment depending by shoppergroups
- customizable shopper input form
- input form depended on registration, checkout or shipment
- default Bill-to and Ship-to address
- default payment and shipment method
- stock warning
- virtual stock (ordered but not finally bought)
- various type of prices to display depended by shoppergroup
- prices adjusted by shopper choosen currency
- different currency format per currency
- unit price
- quantity based pricing
REAL MULTI CURRENCY
- auto updating rates
- add your own currencies for fixed currency rates
- default SEF/SEO integrated
- discounts based on time, category, shoppergroup, country, and state
- tax based on time, category, shoppergroup, country, and state
- discounts, tax per product and/or order
- discounts, tax have their own currencies (for duties)
- based on plugins, already onboard:PayPal, Paypal Pro, Paypal Express Checkout, Klarna and Klarna Checkout, Sofort Banking and Sofort iDeal, Skrill, Heidelpay, Authorize.net, (and a lot more in the net)
- minimal amount / maximal amount to use a payment
- transaction fees
- by countries
- by shopper groups
- based on plugins
- by shopper groups
- by countries
- guest checkout; completly anonymous checkout
- option to register at begin of checkout
- cart is an object, competly overridable by template
- cart is stored in the session
- multi-page checkout
- one page checkout
- payment/shipment workflow
- order tracking for anonymous users
- order editing
- pdf invoice, delivery note
- topten (most sold)
- native with joomla 1.7
- with extra joomla components (joomfish) for joomla 1.5
MARKETING PROMOTION AND TOOLS
- coupon handling
It became a little tricky when I was trying to add attributes and assign stocklevels via these attributes, (I'm setting up an online clothing store, so needed to have the system recognise how many small, medium, etc sizes were left when people ordered them) - BUT after hours of research, I found out how to do it (should have bookmarked the resource)
Today I began to test it and thought it must be very good. Finally, I realized that this component was disigned wrongly from the first line of code.
It requires to disable the registration system of Joomla, and can't use the registration of Community Builder.
Why it need a new registration system when everyone agree that CB must be the Core of Joomla?
Very bad idea. I will give up it even if there is no shopping cart component for Joomla.
However, just yesterday i noticed that VirtueMart had upgraded so thought i'd give it another go and it has improved heaps. I've been trying to find a decent Joomla shopping cart for at least 6 months now and nothing really worked - I even bought a competitors component (ECJC) which was OK at first but that's also frustrating now. VirtueMart seems to be the best option for me at the moment. It also makes it easy to connect to payment gateways which for someone like me is a god send!
Well done on the much needed improvements - thanks for sharing this with us mere mortals. keep up the good work.
Support is remarkable, as the community is a bustling and thriving smorgasbord of users and developers, all of them ready and willing to offer their support.
Customization of this component is easy, but you'll need a working knowledge of basic PHP functions.
All in all, if you need an e-commerce solution to integrate into your Joomla! installation, this is it. If you're using Joomla!, use this project: don't try to integrate anything, as they won't work as seamlessly as this one.
The templates don't work well (new templates don't work and even when you customize the default templates there aren't enough options to make it worth doing. You have to re-code the back end to provide enough flexibility!)
Tax and shipping configurations are buggy and confusing. I STILL haven't figured them out yet.
The overall code complexity is higher than it needs to be which makes for difficult customization (which is required to get it running, they say so right on their website).
It's a noble effort, and one that I hope succeeds, but they need some seasoned developer help.
After 40 hours of development time on my end... I'm giving it 2 stars, grudgingly.
Use it for a while now and it is stable, and easy to handle.
Offcourse it is still a wok in progress and always can be improved,.. but what isn't?
For downloads only, or for products which needs to be shipped, this shop is a great solution. It's easy to handle and needs almost no explanation for the shop holder.
For multi lingual and/or international shops... I don't know if this is what you should use. But as long as you use 1 language and a differsity of shipping- and payingmethods, this does the job.
It can't be compared to OSCommerce, yet, since it's much younger, and new features regularly come out. And Virtuemart has an integrated CMS solution which OSCommerce can't offer, the strength of Joomla!
At the end the best plus for me and most joomla users is the seamless integration with our favorite CMS.
If you need support for the hundreds of questions you'll have, then this is NOT the product for you.