- Template overwritting,
- Implementation of Joomla Plugins for: payment, shipment, coupons, calculation rules, custom product fields, ...
- Simple installation and integration of other joomla extensions.
- nested categories
- with meta tags for seo
- with description and media
- with meta tags for seo
- short and long description
- dimensions (weight, size)
- multiple media
- variants, attributes
- unlimited child products and derivated levels
- product pattern (Parent product used as pattern for child products)
- related products
- reviews and ratings
- pricing depending by shoppergroups
- price display depending by shoppergroups
- payment/shipment depending by shoppergroups
- customizable shopper input form
- input form depended on registration, checkout or shipment
- default Bill-to and Ship-to address
- default payment and shipment method
- stock warning
- virtual stock (ordered but not finally bought)
- various type of prices to display depended by shoppergroup
- prices adjusted by shopper choosen currency
- different currency format per currency
- unit price
- quantity based pricing
REAL MULTI CURRENCY
- auto updating rates
- add your own currencies for fixed currency rates
- default SEF/SEO integrated
- discounts based on time, category, shoppergroup, country, and state
- tax based on time, category, shoppergroup, country, and state
- discounts, tax per product and/or order
- discounts, tax have their own currencies (for duties)
- based on plugins: Paypal, Authorize.net, PayZen, Systempay, Moneybookers, Klarna, Heidelpay
- minimal amount / maximal amount to use a payment
- transaction fees
- by countries
- by shopper groups
- based on plugins
- by shopper groups
- by countries
- guest checkout; completly anonymous checkout
- option to register at begin of checkout
- cart is an object, competly overridable by template
- cart is stored in the session
- multi-page checkout
- one page checkout (not by default)
- payment/shipment workflow
- order tracking for anonymous users
- topten (most sold)
- native with joomla 1.7
- with extra joomla components (joomfish) for joomla 1.5
MARKETING PROMOTION AND TOOLS
- coupon handling
- recommend a product to friend link
- mail to shoppers who bought the product
- hidden debugging tool
The 2.0.10+ is a security release, everyone using 2.0.8 or lower must update as soon as possible.
However, since Joomla started releasing new versions every 6 months, Virtuemart can't keep up development. It took them many months to just be joomla 1.7 ready, but by then Joomla 2.5 already came out. Once again it has been months and it is still not compatible. As a developer one can't work like this.
As for support... probably the worst ever.
Free will cost you a lot of money, or a lot of time trying to figure this out! Not worth it anymore.
Hello Milbo here.
Thanks for the flowers, but I cannot agree. Jenkinhill, BanquetTablesPro and others are very helpful. But a lot people are just barefaced. They expect that virtuemart 2 has extensions like vm1, which growed over more than 5 years. They expect that the other users have nothing todo else to help and support. The forum is meant for users who help users. When someone wants support, he must pay of course. Virtuemart is free to use. I do not understand that people thinks there is a duty to give free support for a free product.
Jenkinhill is a very kind person and I am much more rude and direct than him. So when he was rude to you, there is a reason.
I think you rest to much on the laurs...
Now when I compareing VM 2.0.2 with the other cart extensions - VM are placed on the far end of the list!
Totally user unfriendly software, I don't know & even don't want to think what kind of logic use the VM 2 authors, but is not the same one, as we all use. I spend a lot of hours trying to figure out this, but I really coudn't understand the way of they thinking, and don't want spend the second half of my life trying more..
Downloadable products on VM 2.0.2 it's a fake! You can create a downloadalble file, but there is no way to connect it with the product which you can download after buying :(
VM 2.0.2 is a nightmare for developers & I really feel sorry for those one who are beginners on that matter and decided to use the VM basing on its former opinion :(
I change the software btw..
This software has a lot of depth and a very bright future.
where they are lacking is with assisting their users in development.
there is a tendency to be condescending and unhelpful from the Mod staff (not Milbo)when people are asking for support issues.
I have put in appx 2+ months now and it is finally getting where it ought to have been before the release.
There has been many late nights of trying to decode convoluted and cryptic responses from the support staff.
That said I don't mind helping the test develop this amazing piece of software.
They just have to remember that we can't read their minds.
Hopefully this message gets across to all Joomla developers: Please be articulate when giving support as it makes it easier for all involved.
On the other hand, the drop down of downloadables is disastrous (to me)!
I spent the last 6 months in testing VM 1.1 capabilities in order to participate in a web project with downloadable products, and now...what??
Unfortunatly VM 2 did not live up to my expectations.
The option for downloadable products is removed. So for two shops I won't be able to use VM any more. The checkout process is too complicated, especially for people who are not custom to online shopping. The payment has to be selected through a seperate page. Again another useless click for customers.
The admin area looks more organised, but when you really get into it, it's even more complicated than the VM 1 version.
There are a lot of small improvements, but the bottom line is that the things that really count: check-out process and quick admin of the whole shop, did in my opinion not changed for the better.
I am sorry to say goodbye to VM, bt this was really a big dissapointment and indeed not worth waiting for.
After trying new version for some weeks I'm really dissapointed.
Administrator doesn't have and easy setup for begginers or even users with knowledge from 1.x versions.
When you release a new component and the older version is better there's something going wrong.
These new VM2.0 is though for developers which have a lot of time to tweak and understand how this component works, not recommended at all for begginers.
I couldn't even get my shop to show the price for products... something which shouldn't take me days to solve and I had my VM 1.x version perfectly set up.
There are better solutions out there right now and VM really has to work on their layout and simplicity if they want to reach others than developers.
This new version made me migrate to Hikashop and I have been a VM user for years now.
I'm a developer and usually can figure out how to setup a piece of software, but VIrtueMart is really overly complex and non-intuitive. All I wanted to do was have a place where someone could add a text field -- something I did with VirtueMart 1.5.
The software might be great if you can figure it out, but I spend a week and decided to move on to something else.
Only a standard module, and it's NOT WORKING
Only a Paypal and standard payment module, and fully of BUG
Can you believe a shopping cart without these workable core modules? if you are not a programming guru who full of passion and energy to debug someone's poor quality code, please choose other shopping cart!
VIRTUEMART IS DEAD!!!
The core looks solid but once I tried to setup shipping and payment plugins, I felt like something is missing. All they have left is a standard flat rate shipping module. There are hardly any shipping modules available that get automatic quotes from the shipping providers. A commercial USPS plugin is now selling for $63 plus. Other payment modules are also rare. All I found is a "standard" and a PayPal plugin. So what was free in VM 1.1x, seems to be now a little bit more commercial.
There is nothing indicated in the release notes or FAQs that standard features had been removed. You only discover this AFTER installation/configuration.
It is pretty much unusable until the missing payment methods have been restored.
YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER POSTING THIS INFORMATION ALL OVER YOUR WEBSITE SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE DON'T WASTE THEIR TIME TOO. THIS IS NOT READY FOR RELEASE ON A LIVE WEBSITE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.