Based on Joomla MVC framework with all its advantage:
- Template overriding,
- Implementation of Joomla Plugins for: payment, shipment, coupons, calculation rules, custom product fields, ...
- Simple installation and integration of other joomla extensions.
- Joomla 2.5 ACL
- nested categories
- with meta tags for seo
- with description and media
- with meta tags for seo
- short and long description
- dimensions (weight, size)
- multiple media
- variants, attributes
- unlimited child products and derivated levels
- product pattern (Parent product used as pattern for child products)
- related products
- reviews and ratings
- pricing depending by shoppergroups
- price display depending by shoppergroups
- payment/shipment depending by shoppergroups
- customizable shopper input form
- input form depended on registration, checkout or shipment
- default Bill-to and Ship-to address
- default payment and shipment method
- stock warning
- virtual stock (ordered but not finally bought)
- various type of prices to display depended by shoppergroup
- prices adjusted by shopper choosen currency
- different currency format per currency
- unit price
- quantity based pricing
REAL MULTI CURRENCY
- auto updating rates
- add your own currencies for fixed currency rates
- default SEF/SEO integrated
- discounts based on time, category, shoppergroup, country, and state
- tax based on time, category, shoppergroup, country, and state
- discounts, tax per product and/or order
- discounts, tax have their own currencies (for duties)
- based on plugins, already onboard:PayPal, Paypal Pro, Paypal Express Checkout, Klarna and Klarna Checkout, Sofort Banking and Sofort iDeal, Skrill, Heidelpay, Authorize.net, (and a lot more in the net)
- minimal amount / maximal amount to use a payment
- transaction fees
- by countries
- by shopper groups
- based on plugins
- by shopper groups
- by countries
- guest checkout; completly anonymous checkout
- option to register at begin of checkout
- cart is an object, competly overridable by template
- cart is stored in the session
- multi-page checkout
- one page checkout
- payment/shipment workflow
- order tracking for anonymous users
- order editing
- pdf invoice, delivery note
- topten (most sold)
- native with joomla 1.7
- with extra joomla components (joomfish) for joomla 1.5
MARKETING PROMOTION AND TOOLS
- coupon handling
- recommend a product to friend link
- mail to shoppers who bought the product
- debugging tool
On the other hand, the drop down of downloadables is disastrous (to me)!
I spent the last 6 months in testing VM 1.1 capabilities in order to participate in a web project with downloadable products, and now...what??
Unfortunatly VM 2 did not live up to my expectations.
The option for downloadable products is removed. So for two shops I won't be able to use VM any more. The checkout process is too complicated, especially for people who are not custom to online shopping. The payment has to be selected through a seperate page. Again another useless click for customers.
The admin area looks more organised, but when you really get into it, it's even more complicated than the VM 1 version.
There are a lot of small improvements, but the bottom line is that the things that really count: check-out process and quick admin of the whole shop, did in my opinion not changed for the better.
I am sorry to say goodbye to VM, bt this was really a big dissapointment and indeed not worth waiting for.
After trying new version for some weeks I'm really dissapointed.
Administrator doesn't have and easy setup for begginers or even users with knowledge from 1.x versions.
When you release a new component and the older version is better there's something going wrong.
These new VM2.0 is though for developers which have a lot of time to tweak and understand how this component works, not recommended at all for begginers.
I couldn't even get my shop to show the price for products... something which shouldn't take me days to solve and I had my VM 1.x version perfectly set up.
There are better solutions out there right now and VM really has to work on their layout and simplicity if they want to reach others than developers.
This new version made me migrate to Hikashop and I have been a VM user for years now.
I'm a developer and usually can figure out how to setup a piece of software, but VIrtueMart is really overly complex and non-intuitive. All I wanted to do was have a place where someone could add a text field -- something I did with VirtueMart 1.5.
The software might be great if you can figure it out, but I spend a week and decided to move on to something else.
Only a standard module, and it's NOT WORKING
Only a Paypal and standard payment module, and fully of BUG
Can you believe a shopping cart without these workable core modules? if you are not a programming guru who full of passion and energy to debug someone's poor quality code, please choose other shopping cart!
VIRTUEMART IS DEAD!!!
The core looks solid but once I tried to setup shipping and payment plugins, I felt like something is missing. All they have left is a standard flat rate shipping module. There are hardly any shipping modules available that get automatic quotes from the shipping providers. A commercial USPS plugin is now selling for $63 plus. Other payment modules are also rare. All I found is a "standard" and a PayPal plugin. So what was free in VM 1.1x, seems to be now a little bit more commercial.
There is nothing indicated in the release notes or FAQs that standard features had been removed. You only discover this AFTER installation/configuration.
It is pretty much unusable until the missing payment methods have been restored.
YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER POSTING THIS INFORMATION ALL OVER YOUR WEBSITE SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE DON'T WASTE THEIR TIME TOO. THIS IS NOT READY FOR RELEASE ON A LIVE WEBSITE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.