- This extension requires registration to download.
Current version's main features (version 2.7.0):
* Customers can buy for deals, print free coupons or get free coupon code
* Menu items lists of deals and free coupons.
* Menu items for shopping cart, user's orders and coupons, RSS feeds
* Partner (merchant) area for checking and updating coupon status
* +1 button for Google+, share deal via Twitter and Facebook
* Each deal/free coupon has its own background image
* Insert deal into Joomla! article, ability to design your own template
* Facebook comment
* Side module for listing of deals
* Search for deals
* Integration with ACYMailing component for a mailing subscription system
* Integration with sh404sef for friendly URL
* Integration with Joom!Fish and Falang for multilingual
* Provide customizable XML structure to connect with deal aggregators
* Deal map/Category browsing: use Google Maps to browse for deals
* Multi-option for deal: every deal can have many options (prices)
* AlphaUserPoints integration: earn points by referring deals, use points to buy deals
* Support Paypal Web Payment Standard, Paypal Pro's Direct Payment (credit card), 2CheckOut, PagSeguro, Authorize.net, Payfast, Gold, eWAY, SystemPay, PayU,VivaPayments, Payza, DineroMail, Fortumo, iDEAL (Mollie, TargetPay), Faturah, Alipay, Klarna, MOLPay, Setcom, ipay88
* JomSocial integration: pre-fill JomSocial profile when checking out, buy deal with JomSocial point, get bonus JomSocial point for referral, post an activity on user's wall after buying deal
* Integration with Community Builder user profile
* Free developing new payment gateway
* Merchant can submit his deals and free coupons by himself
* Geotargeting (using IP database from MaxMind, IPInfoDB)
* Joomla Content plug-ins are supported in deal/free coupon detail page
* Advance payment: buyer only needs to pay to group buying site a small amount of deal price, the rest will be paid to merchant
* Ability to buy without registration
* Ability to buy multi deals at the same time
* Responsive template and layout (mobile friendly)
* Integration with K2, Akeeba Subscription component
* Discus comment integration
* Control layout, email notification and other settings
* Design coupon by drag-and-drop.
* Compose mail content
* Manage categories, locations, partners, deals, orders, coupons
* Report for deal and partner, export report to Microsoft Excel file
* Integration with ACYMailing's tag system and auto-newsletter to send daily deal to subscribers
* Administrators preview the deals, free coupons from merchants before set them published
* Administrators can modify buyer/coupon receiver info.
* Resend coupon to receiver.
* Auto post deal to Facebook and Twitter.
Please do not post a review for support request or bug report. Please contact us at our website!
Really I must be thankful for the same.
Everytime I needed help I got a great support, fast and efective, they even made a plugin to use a payment gateway for me.
I am very happy with it,
I have been asking to see demo of many expensive and not so user friendly solutions, with limited support!
After i saw this component for joomla, and tried demo i have stopped to look any further!
Component it self have so much to offer! It is 100% perfect, but it is 99%!
And what to say for Support!?
I think that they never sleep!
For each my request i got reply within short period of time!
If you wish to have this kind of business running - i would suggest to purchase this component - as you will not regret!
Moreover the component does what it suppose to do -- DEALS MANAGEMENT.
And sure enough this extension did not meet all of my needs when I first tried it, but I was blown away with how responsive the support is and how quickly they have incorporated my requests into new features in subsequent releases.
So while it still doesn't meet 100% of what I want, it meets much more than it did just 3 short months ago, and I'm confident they will close the gap for me in subsequent releases (which are happening very quickly).
I've given this an excellent rating because they are constantly improving this extension so that users are able to customise it more to their specific needs.
And their support is quick and very helpful. I have tried a couple other extensions and this is the one I'm betting on.
So far this extension is working as predicted, it's very easy to use, the template that come with it really helps a lot because I've to change just little things like logo and color, and the system itself is very clear to undarstand and use.
I didn't used the support yet, so I can't say anything about that..
Anyway, thanks a lot!!
With that said, I give CMGroupBuying 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, 5 mics, whatever the highest ranking available on your scale of choice. It is quite feature rich and the developer releases a new version (with new features and fixes for any issues reported by license holders) every month.
Yes, paying for a new license every month can get a bit expensive but if you only need/want the features of the current version then you'll never need an upgrade/update. Of course, you can also pay for a license to a longer license (or even a lifetime license).
As for bugs, I only have found one. I had an issue with CMGroupBuying and Jomsocial but the developer responded to my support ticket within an hour, pointing me to the forums where the fix had already been posted.
I also happened to run into two other issues but both were a result of issues on my end. Still, the developer explained the cause of the issues and provided the solution to each.
I recommend this extension 110% to anyone wishing to run a group deals site. Keep in mind this won't give you a "groupon clone" but for the most part, you should be happy with your purchase.
I have been following these developers since beginning. Their support is excellent. You just contact them and they help you without asking to know you have a active subscription or not. Email, forum, ticket support, everything is fast, they often reply my email in just 15 minutes. Just visit their forum, you will see what I mean here.
CMGroupBuying, I am very happy with it. Easy to use, useful features and the most thing I love is it has a new version every month, new features are from users's requests. The developers never ask us for customization project. Just ask them new features, they will develop them in new releases for FREE!
I agree with most people here. These kinds of developers are really rare.
This is my first review on this website, and I do it as a thank to developers. Thank you for a great service! You make me love Joomla and its community!
Bottom line is this system has a lot of logic work flow problems and I don’t think its ready for commercial use yet.
Thank you for your review but if you check on our website, there is a showcase which lists many websites using CMGroupBuying for their business. And we don't see any issues like you said in our demo site.
I was really excited to get started so I hastily bought the CMgroup buying product thinking it was everything I needed to start my site.
Once I started to use the software, I suddenly realize why the price of the product was so cheap. *Sigh* the template was really poorly design, and the code was structured in a way that made it extremely hard to edit and customize the template. I emailed them for support but never really got a response for several days. And when they did finally respond to me, they didn’t even know what I was talking about. It was like I was speaking English to them and they were replying to me in Chinese. I was really frustrated and unhappy with their support. I guess the principle of the story is you get what you pay for or as we call in our business world “trade offs”. I want the world to know about my experiences with this product in hopes that they will change their product and their way of doing business.
In conclusion I can sum up this review and CMGroup buying experience in 2 words 'Rip Off'. Literally, I felt like someone actually stole my money.
Your review makes me laugh.
I don't know if you really bought our extension and asked us for support. Because, we here are all Vietnamese, and we don't know any Chinese at all :).