- This extension requires registration to download.
Current version's main features (version 2.8.0):
* Customers can buy for deals, print free coupons or get free coupon code
* Menu items lists of deals and free coupons.
* Menu items for shopping cart, user's orders and coupons, RSS feeds
* Partner (merchant) area for checking and updating coupon status
* +1 button for Google+, share deal via Twitter and Facebook
* Each deal/free coupon has its own background image
* Insert deal into Joomla! article, ability to design your own template
* Facebook comment
* Side module for listing of deals
* Search for deals
* Integration with ACYMailing component for a mailing subscription system
* Integration with sh404sef for friendly URL
* Integration with Joom!Fish and Falang for multilingual
* Provide customizable XML structure to connect with deal aggregators
* Deal map/Category browsing: use Google Maps to browse for deals
* Multi-option for deal: every deal can have many options (prices)
* AlphaUserPoints integration: earn points by referring deals, use points to buy deals
* Support Alipay, Authorize.net's SIM, Authorize.net's AIM, Gold (Cardcom), Cash, DineroMail, eWAY's Shared Payments, eWAY's Direct Payments, Faturah, Fortumo (only support Mobile Payments / Premium SMS API), iDEAL (via Mollie), iPay88, Klarna, MercadoPago, MOLPay, PagSeguro, Payfast, Paypal Web Payment Standard, Paypal Pro's Direct Payments, PayU, Payza, PesaPal, Setcom, SystemPay, 2Checkout, VivaPayments
* JomSocial integration: pre-fill JomSocial profile when checking out, buy deal with JomSocial point, get bonus JomSocial point for referral, post an activity on user's wall after buying deal
* Integration with Community Builder user profile
* Free developing new payment gateway
* Merchant can submit his deals and free coupons by himself
* Geotargeting (using IP database from MaxMind, IPInfoDB)
* Joomla Content plug-ins are supported in deal/free coupon detail page
* Advance payment: buyer only needs to pay to group buying site a small amount of deal price, the rest will be paid to merchant
* Ability to buy without registration
* Ability to buy multi deals at the same time
* Responsive template and layout (mobile friendly)
* Integration with K2, Akeeba Subscription component
* Discus comment integration
* Coupon in HTML and PDF format
* Control layout, email notification and other settings
* Design coupon by drag-and-drop.
* Compose mail content
* Manage categories, locations, partners, deals, orders, coupons
* Report for deal and partner, export report to Microsoft Excel file
* Integration with ACYMailing's tag system and auto-newsletter to send daily deal to subscribers
* Administrators preview the deals, free coupons from merchants before set them published
* Administrators can modify buyer/coupon receiver info.
* Resend coupon to receiver.
Bottom line is this system has a lot of logic work flow problems and I don’t think its ready for commercial use yet.
Thank you for your review but if you check on our website, there is a showcase which lists many websites using CMGroupBuying for their business. And we don't see any issues like you said in our demo site.
I was really excited to get started so I hastily bought the CMgroup buying product thinking it was everything I needed to start my site.
Once I started to use the software, I suddenly realize why the price of the product was so cheap. *Sigh* the template was really poorly design, and the code was structured in a way that made it extremely hard to edit and customize the template. I emailed them for support but never really got a response for several days. And when they did finally respond to me, they didn’t even know what I was talking about. It was like I was speaking English to them and they were replying to me in Chinese. I was really frustrated and unhappy with their support. I guess the principle of the story is you get what you pay for or as we call in our business world “trade offs”. I want the world to know about my experiences with this product in hopes that they will change their product and their way of doing business.
In conclusion I can sum up this review and CMGroup buying experience in 2 words 'Rip Off'. Literally, I felt like someone actually stole my money.
Your review makes me laugh.
I don't know if you really bought our extension and asked us for support. Because, we here are all Vietnamese, and we don't know any Chinese at all :).
Developer is listening, understands the needs and solves every bug found within the hour.
Easy and error free installation.
I like the backend, simple and not overdone with huge icons. These kinds of developers are rare and I am more than happy to continue my support by renewing my membership.
Well done Nguyen Trang!