The JCK Editor offers an elegant editing experience which is more familiar due to its office like interface yet configurable enough to be used for enterprise developments. It seeks to strike a balance between being feature rich, beautiful and easy-to-use.
Unique to any other editor’s it comes packaged with a collection of beautifully designed typography and content snippets ready for you to use right out-of-the-box!
Most remarkably the JCK Editor is a free content editor for Joomla! It is free for you to use and install on any of your sites under the GPL licence! So why not take a few minutes to see this in action for yourself by checking out one of our demo's.
Suggested improvement is to allow popup windows when clicking on images as oppose to a new window.
An very good editor, however I think that its biggest downfall is the lack of a File Manager for files other than .swf.
i haven't tested it yet (haven't got the time to play around with it) but it looks promising from what i've seen so far.
as described, the interface looks like MS Word which helps a lot for users who are not familiar with Tiny interface.
the best bit is it allows users to upload file onto the server from front end which is what i'm after as i don't want to give users permission to access the back end.
i highly recommend this bot/component.
JoomlaFCK is better for:
- nicer (office and silver skins)
- good Flash objects support (for JCE's latest version is not free)
JCE is better for:
- plugin manager (you can enable/disable each button)
- user access levels (you can enable some buttons only for specific user levels, example Author)
- ability to separate user images (each user upload and use images in it's own folder, and cannot see other images)
- advanced links (to Joomla's contents, contacts, ...)
Is it me or is it the plugin?