************ UPDATED ON 09 January 2014 Joomla 3.x support
1. Ability to add introductory text and field descriptions, also predefined text into the textfields.
2. Ability to select what is returned in search results you can add any field now, also CSS classes to any field in the search results (in order to customize the results as you want).
3. Multiple independent search setup an additional module comes now with your purcashe: one module that keeps the search form and the results list on the same page, other 2 modules that shows the search form on one page of the site and the results list on other page of the site (the form can point to this second page).
4. Shows the number of results frontend.
5. Joomla 1.5,1.6,1.7,2.5 and 3.x native.
6. Common user bugfixes
7. Better frontend
8. Better search results
9. Support for multi checkboxes
10. Search Result links to profile
11. Works with Community Builder CB 1.9
12. You can edit every button and text within component and module. (We had many foreign customers who requested this feature to make translation easier)
13. You have to define the Joomla usergroups you want to search (you can select them from the list Joomla offers)
14. The administrator can keep the original keyword (from the previous versions) or to search only by the defined CB fields.
15. You have option to search inside CB lists.
16. A CB user logged in have can save and manage his search forms (fields and their values) in order to user later or set as default (the form will be field with desired values when the user access the form the first time).
17. A CB user logged in can save and manage the results lists.
18. A CB user logged in can ignore undesired users found in the search in order to select the results he wants. He can also manage the ignored list results to make visible again.
Trust the oldest Community Builder Search Component. We hope you'll love the 2.4 version. This component is how it is because of the plenty user requests and suggestions, let me know if you need any other feature on this component.
This is a Joomla Native component + modules that enables you to search any field defined in CB (Community Builder) and CB lists. Using this component and
the modules you can show a CB Search form in the frontend and control the available fields or the CB lists (you can use either the fields either the lists) for search and the sequence of these fields in the search results. There can be configured an unlimited number of different searches (with there own fields and description) in the backend, but in the frontend the component is preset to the first search. You can access the other defined searches using the modules (they can be set to the search you want).
We tested it with all Joomla versions. Using this component you can show multiple CB Search forms in the frontend and c
If you need a component to search and display your Community Builder User database this is a must have!
I had a few issues such as pagination. I contacted the developers and Dan logged into my website and fixed the issues within a couple of days. The support could not have been better. If only all extensions had such support!
Thank You! If only every happy customer would leave a review like this.
Support is here, I replied to your email yesterday it's Sunday. On Monday, we'll investigate your issue with superadmins and results.
Thanks again to Dan for his quick support!
You're very welcome! It's good to see that somebody takes the time to submit a review when they're happy:)
Thank you and good luck with your project!
This is the only version, we tested with Joomla 2.5 it works fine, I replied to your email which you sent before this review that if you run into any incompatibility issue just let me know. I can't help you without knowing the exact description of "it doesn't work".
- NO range search possible
- Does NOT search user lists
- Has NO front end-template to style
All together I wonder where the benefit is in comparision with useing CB lists in search mode, except that CB lsists in search mode work!?
25 EUR wasted!!! no refund policy (of course).
Our component and module is targeted to search Community Builder users and the fields they are filling in for their CB profile that's why it is called CB Advanced Search.
Yes, it does not include the Joomla groups but we never advertised that it does while we can customize to do that.
(Spoiler Alert)Range search will be in the next version.
The stylesheet for the component is inside this file:
For the module the file is /modules/mod_cbadvsearch/tmpl/default.php
Still this is best search component having its module also.
Best of luck to the developer.
I can't get the search on username to work, it produces an sql error.
I think the component is nearly there, if the issue with the username could be fixed, and it could be extended to include more features as follows:
1. Ability to add search category groups, for example on my CB site, I have different groups of users i.e. business and personal users, and would like to be able to create 2 seperate search pages for these, or at least be able to search on either group - not both at once.
2. Ability to select what fields are returned in the search results list: instead of returning every single field that you have put in the advanced search page, have the option to select just those that are needed (in administration)i.e. name, location and link to the profile of users who meet the search criteria
3. Ability to add introductory text, and also field descriptions (as some might need a little explanation)
Selectable fields and multiple search pages are under development now, you can send an email to paypal email or simply reply to welcom email you got after payment.
- To allow to choose fields has to post (show) in the result without allowing a search on these fields
- Choose the mode of poster of the results because they display in vertical and take too much place
- Show numbers for the results in front of every line of result
- Highlight the line glanced through by the mouse cursor and why not be able to choose the color of the highlighting
I hope that it will be fast possible and with all this, your application will be ultimate
Great ideas nylls, nobody mentioned these before. If you get new ideas don't hesitate to send them to my paypal email.
Now the annoyance... The required 3 characters for keyword search. Why oh why! It's probably great for massive sites, but for a smaller site like mine it returns too specific results even if you search by a keyword such as "and"; it excludes everyone who hasn't fully filled their profiles. Keywords are great for topical searches, but when you're looking for people, it's probably best left open and just search with the values in the generic fields. Age, sex, location - that sort, you're not always interested if they used a specific word in their "about me".
We'll have an update next month with some minor improvements and the 3 char search will be fixed, thanks for purchase and honest review!
I highly recommend this component for anybody wanting to do some search function over CB.
The support is quick and very responses even on weekends..though we should try giving that space..
Thanks a MILIION!!! Csaba.
Price is good because support is just excellent (Thanks Deepak and Lydia for their patience and help)
All components developed by these people are simply awsome. Go ahead!
It is so simple, you select the fields you want to search in the com backend, then create a menu item to the search component.
those fields appear along with a keyword field.
enter in your search criteria and click search!
AND....results show AVATAR!, yes just like CB userlists the results include the avatar..many cb search coms DONT do this. (such as CB Adv.Search Plugin).
THE NOT-SO GOOD:
1. There is no module for this.
but you can use a component loader module to load the search into a module.(results may vary)
2. there is no custom search categories. so if you have CB subs and you want to search by different user types, you can but all the users will show the empty fields they obviously dont have. this eats up alot of space.
Having the ability to setup search categories wiht custom fields on the backend would be ideal./
Search #1..contains fields
Search #2..contains fields
3. The results display in one giant column, this eats up alot of screen space. If this could be made to display in a grid that would be excellent.
(similar in nature to Praisebuilders CBuserlist template)
4. Out of the box my results included the wrong itemID to the profiles.
5. A live demo would have been nice as the screenshots provided do give enough information
I have notified the dev about these suggestions and the ItemID bug