- This extension requires registration to download.
If you use JomSocial for a particular website and you want to categorize your users into groups and manage their profiles separately. Suppose you have a school website and you like to group students, teachers and other staff and want to have different types of profiles for them. But you see the fields used in the teacher's profile are going to be different from the fields in the student's profiles.So what you require is something that can create unlimited profile types in your website with varied fields because the fields in one profile need not be meaningful for other user types.
JSPT which is now a very well recognized and robust extension for JomSocial, extends JomSocial with Multiple Profile Types functionality. Through which User can be categorized into Types called ProfileTypes.
1. Categorise Users into unlimited Profile Types
2. Every field of Profile can be assigned to any number of profile Types
3. Every ProfileType can be assigned Individual Templates.
4. Default Privacy Settings, Joomla User Type.
5. Better Performance, Interfacing and API Polishing and routing mechanism.
6. Provides Integration with AEC and PayPlans to Monetise your website
7. Profile Field Control
8. Invisible Profile Type
9. Upload Avatar in Registration
10. Watermark Generation
11. Better Application Control according to Profile Types
12. Handling JS Toolbar as per Profiletype.
13. Apply Privacy on all Joomla Modules according to Profiletypes
14. Gives you ability to restrict user activities i.e. Access Control Layer, You can control which JomSocial feature is available to which user and many more
+ Starting from JomSocial version 1.6, our extension works in hack free mode, so you can update JomSocial without any breakdown.
+ Required PHP 5.0 or greater.
Other compatible Extensions with JSPT
User Search and Listing
Lastly, support and customizations done by the teamwork flawless and the company has a great service for modifications. Love it!
It has a lot of options which makes it a little tough to learn at first. It also seems to be very stable.
The documentation leaves something to be desired- and this is constructive criticism.. its a little disparate around the site- learning how to integrate it with JomSocial and JpayPlans is unnecessarily confusing.
However, the support so far has been excellent- which helps fill in the documentation gaps.
They would probably get fewer support requests if they released a more comprehensive manual but documentation isn't an easy thing to write/update.
But If I had a choice of good documentation and a more feature rich product I would choose the latter.
The support provided by the Joomlaxi team is exceptional. I had a number of configuration and software issues initially. The configuration issues were resolved quickly and the software issue was resolved after a short while with a minor release of the component.
Well worth the money and there's nothing else like it on the market.
There are some minor things I'd like to see (Jomsocial toolbar ACL being better, but this is down to Jomsocial core coding, and being able to rename the jomsocial menu aliases), other than that it's great.
It's not very user friendly and it always stucks at resetting if you have more users.
Support - umm, I'll just say not recommended and keep my thoughts to myself.
Sorry for trouble, but for support and services you can contact us with lots of medium like our contact us module (http://www.joomlaxi.com/contact-us.html), our twitter account (https://twitter.com/#!/joomlaxi), our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/JoomlaXi), our support forum (http://www.joomlaxi.com/support/forum.html) or at our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always happy to provide prompt support to our customers.
Their products are robust and fill some major gaps however I’d like to make special comment on their incredible support and customer service.
Over the past few months I’ve sent a number of support enquiries and I’ve always received a courteous and detailed response within a few hours.
Lately they helped me with some custom code hacks that any other company would have charged for or ignored. This recent experience just demonstrates their professional attitude towards their customers. I highly recommend these guys.
A very happy and satisfied customer.
If the user privacy does not matter on your site this extension may be quite useful for custom profile types since you can set up almost everything for each profile type. But do not expect any support on this extension, the developers seem to not like responding to e-mails.
Thanks for sharing your concerns.
EMail support is really tough as it cannot be tracked. Therefore we ask every time to post over forum for fast and timely response.
Regarding the privacy concern, JSPT is used to control the access of users(by ACL rules). So if you want to freely allow users to set their privacy as per field, then there is no issue, you can do it for all fields. But for selective fields it will not work until the next version 3.2 is released.
Anyways thanks for posting review, hope to see you over the forum to resolve the issue you had.
- You reported issue on 19th July and emailed us on 21st July
- We did released a updated version on 21st July.
- So there should be no issue, in getting support from us.
- Reference discussion is over here : http://www.joomlaxi.com/support/forum/32-jspt-2xx/5503-jspt-22286-and-facebook-connect-not-visible-profiletype-are-visible.html#5503