K2 Store,the simple shopping cart for Joomla, enables you to sell both PHYSICAL and DIGITAL goods.
1. Three step checkout
2. Pure guest checkout
3. Added both shipping and billing address collection
4. Added Country/zones tables
5. User login and registration are made user-friendly
6. Downloads can be now offered within the site itself.
7. Improved language file (still many entries to be added)
9. Three different price display options for Product display pages
10. Update server for automatic update via the Joomla Update manager
11. Enhanced cart
Other key Features of K2 Store includes
*Standard shipping methods
*Global minimum order setup
*Payment Plugins - Offline, Paypal and Authorize.net
*Professional Support from developers
*Ajax powered by Mootools
Read more about K2 Store at http://k2store.org
If you are thinking about downloading this extension, consider this your fair warning. Although they claim that this is an FREE, Non-Commercial e-commerce extension, its actually just a bait-and-switch/trick-a-roo to get you to invest a lot of time into setting it up only to discover that you can't actually use it unless you purchase a payment plug-in. They do not mention this in the script description nor on their website, making it look like it really is GPL open source.
Its really quite sad, because the extension works very well (at least up and until you try and actually purchase something) when you discover you need the playment plug-in.
I don't know if it actually works, hence I can not rate it any higher then a 2.
Thank you for the review.
1. It is a free extension. We need to have a some form of revenue to keep its development going on. So we have to sell the Payment Plugins.
Besides, many users do not want a payment integration. Plus we are not collecting huge amount. Just USD 10 for the plugin.
2. GPL does not mean that everything is free. Please have a look at the GPL licence at its website.
3. You do not need a lot of time to set up. You can get this add on up and running in just a few minutes.
4. It is clearly mentioned in the website that you can buy a payment plugin. It is not mandatory, however. All Plugins are GPL licenced.
You may be wondering why I have rated it so low? Read on...
Whilst the store is brilliant, there is no way to take online payment. You can purchase a Paypal payment plugin from the author for $10 which is very reasonable but there are no options to add shipping costs or different sizes or colours for a different product.
This basically renders the system useless unless you are selling ebooks or other downloads.
In conclusion, this component (and plugin) has great potential but it is simply not ready for public release. Don't waste your time or money at the moment but keep an eye on developments as this one could be great in future.
Thanks for the review. You should read the features and about the extension. it is a simple add on. It is NOT a full, feature packed shopping cart like Virtuemart. You did not even read the information and came up with this review. We never promised of shipping, tax or any large features of it.
Continued dialog with the developers has been very helpful. Our questions are promptly addressed and we we even asked for our feedback and suggestions.
This component installs easily and without a hitch. Works as advertised and we have not had one issue!
Thanks again for a great extension!
Its missing key features that you would hope to see, for instance theres no way to add variables to sale items (eg. red or blue) only change qty's so you may aswell just add a paypal button yourself!
Hopefully this component will mature quickly to do K2 justice and become a serious alternative to VM etc...
Keep at it Webligicx!
Thanks for the review. The initial release had just minimal features. But now we have released the K2 Store V 2, which addresses many issues. It is in Alpha stage now. you cna check it out in http://k2store.org