The extension has been rewritten for the Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3 version and now comprises of component, module and plugin. The new version support multiple themes, you can also create new theme, customize its style easily.
The best part is, it now supports horizontal layout too with option to choose number of columns display, as was requested by many users. A new demo site is also up highlighting both the layouts and search options.
* First and the only module to provide such advanced search feature.
* Horizontal or vertical layout, with option to choose number of columns in horizontal layout.
* Multi (combo) parameters filtering.
* Configurable filter parameters (option to select specific parameter to display in the search).
* Multi display options for each filter parameter. Eg: you can choose to display a pricing range as min-max value or as a preset dropdown or even multiselct or radio select.
* Easy backend for configuration
* Support multiple themes by default, and add more if user expects
* Dynamic counter that is to auto update counter of each filtering value
* Auto complete search function
* Configurable Ajax filter feature for modules
* Sort search result by extra fields
* Sort list of values of each extra field
* Advanced keyword search with a lot of operators: intitle, intext, inall, inmedia, etc.
- Add option to sort search result by extra fields
- Add setting for sorting values of each extra field
- Add setting to show or hide keyword tool tips
- Add setting to select fields to search with keyword (keyword search with no operator)
- Keyword search improvements - support multiple search operators
- Now Highlight search term in results
- Fix compatibility issue for sites using JoomFish.l
- Add search mode for Multi select and searchable extra field types
- Add search by date option
- Separate search results template
- Order K2 extra fields alphabetically
- Set order for K2 extra field groups
- Add new field types for standard search fields
- Set default mode for keyword search
- Share link of result page when Ajax filter is enabled
- Add K2 extra field type: Searchable label
- Add "Search by date" option
- Add parameters to show feed icon on the result page
- Ajax search feature
- Show extrafield group dropdown
- Add setting for displaying ordering box in search form
- New mode for keyword search
- Add option to enable Reset but
Perhaps you just have to change event-handler to the new one. From 'mouse-over' to 'touch-???'
But extension in any case - one of the best for K2. Thank you!
With the multi-site licencing structure this tool will pay for itself 10 times in the year!
My only gripe is that I didn't spot the float that was messing up my divs for 10 minutes....oh well, if that's it then I'm a very happy bunny.
It’s a great extension and very easy to use and customize. It worked exactly as I wanted it to work!
A slight bug that occurred in the keyword search field was solved from JoomlArt support team in less than 24hrs.
I would recommend this extension to everyone that wants to create a search for K2 and specifically filtering by tags.
Hi, that bug has been fixed and K2 filter now support search & filter for UTF8 encoding. You can try it out. We have also added lots of new features and improvements. I am sorry, it took a bit longer to fix the utf8 issue. Hope you can give it another try.
My problem is that Joomlart promised several features but not all exist. For instance - you cannot setup ranges.
So if you want to allow your visitors to search an item with price between X and Y (X and Y are determined by the visitor) - this is not possible.
Hi, the range filter feature is available and you can check the demo site (new) for the same.
Nonetheless is somewhat disappointing and difficult to understand why this module does not come with an integrated way of customizing the way search results are displayed (item image, etc...). Unless you are in to some php coding yourself, you have to consider yourself satisfied with this module’s default results display.
Don’t get me wrong. I think JA did a tremendously difficult job with this module. They deserve a statue! I just cannot understand why they stopped here after doing the most difficult part of the job.
Maybe on future versions they will consider to put an option to customize the search results. Only then I would rate this extension as Excelent...
We have updated the extension and the search results no longer uses com_search to display the results. The extension has been updated from plugin level to component level to provide this feature.