SJ Mega K2 Items II supports two levels for user choice: section level and category level. The module helps you show items with formattings like as: news or products with prices. In the module of us, you can use for both of above formattings. We created 4 themes for showing items follow category. You can use the theme which you like for your ideas.
Let's get SJ Mega K2 Items II right now and experience with distinct things which the module can bring for your site.
1. Support Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x
2. Support all browsers (IE7+, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera)
3. Fully Responsive
4. Allow users to set the number of columns for devices which have different screen width
5. Support choosing which categories to be shown
6. Sort items displayed by most popular, highest rate, latest modified, random...
7. Allow to show featured items
8. Support Multi-Module on the same page
9. Allow to set total items per category can be shown
10. Allow to set opened links in: New Window/Same Window/Popup
12. Support changing title max chars, subcategory title maxlength and showing list subcategory or not
13. Allow to show custom information: title, description, date, readmore, link, the number of comments, read...
14. Allow to choose image source
15. Allow to change width, height, background... of the main image
16. Support SEO (Search engine optimization)
17. Support caching to make your website loads faster
VERSION 3.0.0 - Released on 18-Sep-2013
+ Fully responsive
+ Compatible with Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x
+ Compatible with new versions of K2 (2.6.x)
+ Add more image options to choose image's source in the Admin Panel
+ Add "Ending Character" when using the truncation the title in the Admin panel
VERSION 2.5.0 - Released on 16-May-2012
+ Compatible with Joomla 1.7 and Joomla 2.5.x
VERSION 1.0 - Released on 24-Aug-2011
+ Compatible with Joomla 1.5.x
The only issue is that the support doesn't match the extension in anyway. I had (thought I had) some issues with the extension and submitted a ticket. Needless to say I NEVER heard from them.
I would have given five stars if they had average support.
Using K2 2.5, it will only source K2 items from child categories, not from a parent/root category. And the four themes look very basic, and will require css editing to sit well with almost any template.
And to top it off, their contact form for submitting support tickets does not work!
A nice idea, just requires more work!
Yesterday, we upgraded this module to work for unlimited levels of categories. You can use any level of categories for main categories, also, we are moving to new hosting, Next time, you can submit tickets easier
Thanks for your feedback