This way all your Twitter followers instantly knows when your site have updated contents.The plugin will automatically tweet your article title along with a tinyurl to your article. It will also create #hashtags based on the K2 tags in our article. As simple as that.
Works out of the box without any thirdparty or API registrations.
* Joomla 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 native
* Tested on K2 2.5+
* Automatically tweet out new articles.
* Support for TinyURL.
* Support for Twitter Hashtags
* Specify which article categories to tweet
* Works in both frontend and backend
* Languages included:
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Tweets are triggered everytime an article gets visited (this is due to K2 not supporting backend events). For example, lets say you visit a K2 article on your website, what happens under the hood is the following:
TwitterTweet makes a few checks before tweeting:
* Is this article already tweeted?
* Article published?
* Should article category be tweeted?
* Is article public or for registred users (no tweet)?
* Have I already tweeted within the delay time?
* Plus a few more checks....
TwitterTweet creates a shortened version of your URL (tinyURL) to save space in your tweet.
TwitterTweet translates the first three tags to hashtags
The Tweet will be created by putting together the Article Title, tinyURL and hashtags. If the tweet is longer than 140 characters, the article title will be shortened.
Since the plugin is triggered by visits it will basically be a fully automated solution to help promoting your website. All you have to do is sit back and make the plugin do the work for you.
Joomla 1.5 or later
K2 2.5 or higher
PHP 5 with cURL support
- Corrected a bug that didn't show hastags when saving from the frontend.