In Kunena 1.x the write permissions are not set individually, they are controlled using the visibility of each category. However, setting the write access is necessary in some cases. For example if you have a group of subscribers and want to give them write access and you would like to show the entries for everybody.
In Kunena 2.x the write and reply rights finally can be set individually and independently of the visibility, but in some cases you still need the plugin. For example, you can give all users the possibility to make a single entry in your articles with the help of the discuss plugin. With WCK2 you can prevent editing and adding new entries directly in the forum view.
It is possible to select categories and associated user groups. A multiple selection is possible by holding down the CTRL key while clicking.
The plugin can automatically remove the entry buttons to the form if the user does not have the required permissions. It also prevents direct access to the form. It is possible to redirect the user either using the referrer or a custom URL. The selected categories will be removed automatically during write mode in the category pick list.
* Set write access in Kunena forum component
* Assign categories to user groups - only these groups have write permission in the appropriate categories
* Visibility is not restricted - visitors can see threads, but only selected user groups can write new records
* Categories of the forum and user groups can be selected simply by clicking
* If rights are missing all entry buttons are removed, the form can not be loaded with a click
* If the form of a forbidden category is called directly, the plugin prevents it
* Users can be redirected to the given referrer or a self-selected URL
Kunena 1.x / Joomla! 2.5 - http://joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/downloads/wck-write-control-for-kunena/joomla-25
Kunena 2.x / Joomla! 2.5 - http://joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/downloads/wck-write-control-for-kunena/wck2-joomla-25
The extension is completely free, but you need a subscription for support:
I do still feel it is necessary to build a version for Kunena 2.0.1 as the features in the product don't give me what this plugin does in terms of control.
I am therefore disappointed that this will not be created for 2.0.1 and hope Viktor's mind can be changed.
Thank you for your review!
I have released Write Control for Kunena 2 for Kunena version 2.x.
Have success with the plugin.