SP Search In Categories is a powerful module to search within a list of categories.
"It shows a Search Box associated with a list of categories. The list of categories can be used to restrict the search query or to show a category selection."
In a nutshell
Two modes are available, Search in Categories for SobiPro (submits the query to SobiPro) and Search in Categories for Joomla-SobiPro (submits the query to Joomla general search, requires our Search Plugin to be activated).
The modes allow to search in Categories, and navigate within a specific category.
- Search into Categories
- Chained Select of Categories
- N-Level of Categories support
- Support for SobiPro or Joomla Search Mode.
- Support for Empty Search (no keywords) in SobiPro or Joomla mode, filtered by category.
- Auto-complete (auto-suggest).
*** Search Mode ***
It has two modes of operation:
- SobiPro Native Search, it submits the query to SobiPro.
- Joomla Search, It submits the query to Joomla general search.
*** About Empty Search Mode ***
The Empty Search allows to return results even when there's no keywords, filtering only with the remaining fields. NOW, it works for Joomla and SobiPro Search Mode.
*** Configuration ***
These are the parameters of the module:
Search Button Image
* Check the full list in the images.
- SobiPro 1.1 (recommended), or superior / SobiPro 1.0.8 is supported in compatibility mode
- Joomla 3 / Joomla 2.5, or superior
- PHP 5.3, or superior
- MySQL 5.5 (recommended), or superior