It shows a search box associated with a list of categories. It also providers a "Category Filter" to add the navigator as a native SobiPro component feature.
The list of categories can be used to restrict the search query or to show a category selection.
*** Search Mode ***
It has two modes of operation:
- SobiPro Native Search, it submits the query to SobiPro.
- Joomla Search, It submits the query to Joomla general search.
There are three ways to filter the categories:
- No category selection: you have to define a category, there's no choice. The module searches in this category only.
- With category selection list: a list is offered to search in a category.
- Combined: to globally apply a category list restriction.
*** Category Navigational Paths ***
With the plugin and the module working together you can create several Category Search Areas. E.g. Texas Companies, Manhattan Hotels, etc. So, the users can explore searching a local category.
*** About Empty Search Mode ***
The Empty Search allows to return results even when there's no keywords, filtering only with the remaining fields. NOW, it works for Joomla and SobiPro Search Mode.
*** Configuration ***
These are the parameters of the module:
Search Button Image
* Check the full list in the images.
--- Updates in 2.7.2 ---
Minor usability fix
--- Updates in 2.7.0 ---
Feature: New Empty Search Mode, to search into Joomla Search with no keywords (only filtering with categories).
--- Updates in 2.6.0 - Oct 2012 ---
Feature: Improved backend options
--- Updates in 2.5.1 ---
* Category Multilanguage Support
* Category Filter
* Joomla Coding Standard compliant, and JSLint Ok
--- Updates in 2.0.0 ---
* Big Feature * Auto-complete/auto-suggest function