The business objective is to manage the catalog to advertise entries as ads, but keeping a consistent directory structure. Each ad tier can have a different policy to be promoted to the top of the lists.
The entries are promoted according to 3 Tiers:
- Top Entries, these entries are shown on top of every list of entries no mater if they are not natural results.
- Promoted Entries, these entries are shown under the Top entries, but before the rest of the remaining entries.
- Remaining Entries, the rest of non-prioritized entries.
*** Advertising Algorithm ***
The addon has several ways to show the results list. The Priority defines the algorithm to be applied to sort the promoted entries.
- Entries are ordered by SobiPro component
- All entries are shown in random order, promoted entries before remaining entries.
- Promoted entries are sorted by Hits. The rest of entries are shown in random order.
* Multi-armed bandit+Random
- Promoted entries are sorted by Multi-armed bandit (10% Random, 90% ordered by Hits... cool stuff). The rest of entries are shown in random order.
How it works: the addon is installed in SobiPro. It works on events associated with Search and Categories Navigation to change the results default order according the definition.
*** Known Limitations ***
SP Promoted Entries is based on SobiPro triggers to change the section, category, or search results lists. It can improve the entries order according to the priorities.
- Page navigation, the pages are created by SobiPro. The addon can show the Top or Promoted entries in each page (but it can't move an entry from the current page to the first page, breaking the consistent directory structure).
*** Updates in 2.2.4 *** / 21st March 2013
-- Improvement: Radio Selection Field for Top and Promoted Entries
-- Features review and optimization
*** Updates in v2.0.0 ***
* Selection Field *, add a "Premium" administrative field to choose the featured entries in the section form.
*** Updates in 1.1.1 ***
- Feature: Debug Mode, to generate a log file.
- Code Review, Joomla Coding Standard compliant
*** Updates in 1.1.0 ***
- Feature: Section Parameters.
- Feature: Promoted entries in section area.
*** Updates in 1.0 ***
- Initial release.
I also bought SP search in categories and the support was excellent too
Thanks a lot to them.
Thank you for your feedback.
We love to add more features!
Stay tuned, we are planning a mayor upgrade for Joomla3.
The product features are based on SobiPro available API (no change on core files).
In this case, the opportunity to change the entries list is in every page, but we can't change the global list of results.
We are working on a new version to allow multi-level priorities. We are going to re-check if it's possible to change the global list of results.
Thank you for your feedback,