This module allows you to display block with hierarchical select lists for categories filtering in Virtuemart 2.
- construction the dependent < select > of categories lists
- allows set own label for each < select >
- assign result to some menu item
- load subitems via AJAX (if enabled)
in version 2012.08.11
- added categories ordering in dropdown list
- added possibility use AJAX for load subitems
- added caching
in version 2012.06.01
-allow define root category for current filter
-can be couple blocks with different categories tree
in version 2012.03.29
-fixed problem when shows not all categories
in version 2012.03.23
- added possibility set the reference to a specific menu item for a filtering result
- added possibility set label for each select level
- small optimization :)
The module is very simple, requires no complicated settings. Starts to work immediately after the switch on.
Fully reported category structure.
Worked as it says
It's not perfect, needs polishing, but the developer seems to be doing this with his updates.
Nearest other commercial plugin is priced at a hefty 60Euros although is further developed.
Overall a good plugin and at the price we can't complain!
Suggestions for future
- Set a level to which the menu is already collapsed e.g 3 boxes (allows for a 1-2-3 steps look)
- Allow a title for each level e.g Step 1 - Model and allow customization of box text
- BIG thing - integrate search results with joomla/virtuemart native SEF Urls OR allow an option that outputs a "No index" meta tag to results page so as not to flood google with dynamic Urls
I think one or two of these are being addressed, but after these, this could be perfect!