The output is modeled on the Tree List output of the extended menu joomla module (like the "Flat List" output of the default Joomla menu module). The list could be styled, for example, like the Son of Suckerfish css dropdown menu or as a site map. It is comparable to the Phoca VirtueMart Category List Module, though this module is not limited to only the root categories.
Release notes for version 1.2.0 (2012-07-26):
• The module is now VirtueMart 2.x and Joomla 2.x compatible
• Added a much-requested feature to make it possible to filter the menu by the current category, so that the menu can “follow” the user as they drill down through your web shop’s categories
For version 1.1.1c (2012-01-30):
• Very minor update: added category ID into CSS class for links so they can be individually styled if necessary
For version 1.1.1 (2010-05-25):
• Minor update: added parameter to select a category to display (w. subcategories, if applicable), and fixed a very small bug in the helper functions.
• A couple minor fixes (see changelog)
For version 1.1.0 (2010-04-27):
• SEF url support has been improved (uses very robust logic to determine the best Itemid to use for each link, which is what determines how your SEF urls will appear).
• The module has been refactored to use the standard J!1.5 MVC structure, and the html it outputs can now be overridden by a template output override.
• New features of this version include the option to control what levels the menu displays (i.e., top-level only, 2nd to 3rd level, etc).
for executing it still need some files which are only present in the older version of virtuemart.
This module need the virtuemart_parser.php which is not present in new versions of virtuemart.
The module is not compatible with VirtueMart 2.x, though it is fully compatible with VirtueMart 1.x. I am sorry that in your opinion, this fact means that the quality of the module is worth 1 star. I disagree, of course. Instead, I would encourage you to use the support information on my website to get in touch with me and let me know if you have a problem or question about the module, particularly with any specific suggestions, like removing the module’s dependency on a particular file.
if you have more categories, in the second level of virtuemart categories it shows just the menu of the first category..
tring to get support since 1 month but no answer..
I’m sorry you had trouble with the module. The latest version is both more stable and offers more parameters to control how the module outputs your shop’s categories, and may solve any issues you have.
Also, I must acknowledge that I am not always able to offer support for this entirely free and open-source module. I am careful to respond to email support requests when I am not too overwhelmed by my actual job, but I cannot promise consistency. So it goes with small freely offered open-source pieces of software like this one.
Only thing missing is folding sub-categories. Can be fixed with a bit of css, but would be nice if it was right there, ideally as an option.
I see it is still in development, maybe you can implement the future to follow the path the customer is following. So when on the homepage only show the categories. Then when going to the categorypage with the subcategories, the module will show the subcategories from that particular category as well! Now you only have the option to show all or none of the subcategories.
But thanks for the nice module!