The function works like a "Add to Wish List" but with products in your saved cart instead of any product.
How does it work?
- Shoppers can add products into the cart normally and products will be displayed on Save Cart
- With Save Cart module, shoppers can add data into his Virtuemart profile
- With Save Cart, shoppers can send email of the saved data to any email address as he wants.
- If shoppers haven't log-in the site, the module will ask shoppers to register or log-in before saving products into cart
- The module supports Ajax effects for the Save so customers will not have to reload the page while the cart is saved into their Virtuemart profile
- Only shoppers can see the save cart data in their profile
- A user profile can save UNLIMITED carts into and restore any time
- The restored save cart will replace the current save cart for shoppers to check out
- Shoppers can put a name for each Cart when they save it, so they will know clearly the purpose of cart
This plugin is in fact A+ module into your Joomla Virtuemart. You WILL NOT HAVE TO DO any template change / core Virtuemart file hack.
How to set it up
Step 1: install the plugin as a normal Joomla installation
Step 2: Activate the plugin
Step 3: go to your menu, create a new Virtuemart Menu ( link to Virtuemart -> Account Maintenance)
Step 4: go to front end joomla, add a product into Virtuemart cart, and you will see the Save Cart with all the functions of this plugin.
- Add the function of deleted save cart - your customers can refresh their cart.
- 5 COLORS AVAILABLE( Blue, Black, Pink, Red, Gray) suitable for many different types of website sales - Virtuemart admin can choose in admin panel.
- Fixed issues with JS and PHP bug in VM2 profile view.
- Compatible with Joomla 2.5.9 and Virtuemart 2.0.8+
- Work fine with IEs (7,8,9,10), Firefox (3.5, 14+), Chrome 20+
Please log-in as : usename: demo_cmsmart - pass:demo123
Please save products into the save cart to see how it work
I agree with the posters below about the potential for future development.
However I have found the CMSmart support team to very cordial and efficient
I would recommend this module as a buy - just might run into some jquery issues, which can always be sorted out with a little tweaking
However, it is not very "3rd party" template friendly, meaning, if you are not using their template or (I'm guessing) one of the stock templates for joomla/VM, it is not easily configurable. Also, it does have a bug that the author did not address when asked for support. They did, after much hounding, try to fix a few things and make it work on my site, but the language barrier to english must have been too much for them to understand the bug and problems. (only assumption I can make)
Support is slow. When I got a response, it didn't seem to actually address the issues. Only what they thought they interpreted as the problem. Also, was told I put too many problems in 1 support ticket, and I should have put them in 1 by 1.
Even with all of that said, this product DOES seem to address the save cart problem with VM.
I asked for a refund myself because we were not going to be using this plugin in the condition it was in right now. I WILL be keeping an eye on this plugin for the future. If they can fix the bugs, improve support, and find a way to break the language barrier, this product will be worth the cost. Right now, it's not there.
At least they finally got to giving me my refund. Maybe one day, I'll be back here, praising the work/progress they've made.
Helo my client, you just post your ticket in night of Vietnamese time so we can not work and response in time. That is not the reason to give 1 point review. Also your problem can be the difference between Save cart version and Virtuemart version which can be fixed very easily. Virtuemart update version oftenly and many of Virtuemart site owner does not update their system, that why we need to supply a forum and ticket support and the site owner need to work with developer to slove any problem, not to take advantage of bad reviews on JED.