SEE AN EXTENDED LIST OF FEATURES:
Advantages of Cherry Picker (CP):
1. CP supports both: Product Types (VM1.1) and Custom Fields (VM2);
2. Optimized and polished search algorithms provide you best performance out there. You can search tens of thousands of products and still have low loads on your database!
3. CP comes with a variety of beautiful layouts:
Simple List - regular list of filters;
Checkbox List - you can select multiple filters with checkboxes and apply all with one click;
Dropdown List - HTML-stylized list;
Simple Dropdown List - provides an opportunity to search in Progressive Mode -- where you select filters one-by-one.
4. Color filters can be represented as actual color boxes;
5. Select ranges of filters (e.g. RAM from 4GB to 8GB): ——————
6. CP has beautiful URLs (which Google will love). For example:
7. Update results with Ajax AND update Browser URL address, which means your visitors can bookmark results and return to the very same page;
8. Cherry Picker comes bundled with VM Breadz — a breadcrubms module that apart from categories also includes applied Filters, Manufacturers, Search keywords in its path!
9. And final but not least, if you want advanced experience, yo can use Fast Seller — a dedicated component with which you'll be able to manage filters super easily and super fast (which default VM interface cannot provide).
At first i had issues getting the plugin to work properly but its all due to the template that I'm using, I'm just happy that they're support is very patient and very very helpful.
one issue we had is with the price filter not working right due to VM Tax & Calculation Rule are not being applied due to VM Database _virtuemart_calc_categories -> virtuemart_category_id Type is smallint and my category IDs has 12+digits, so the fix was to change from smallint to bigint on the _virtuemart_calc_categories type
Thanks for this awesome filter and for all the time spent helping me getting the filter to work perfectly!
It gets better as well. The service is some of the best I have came across. I have spoken to them a few times now and I wait no more than a few hours for a the answers I need. I don't do PHP and needed a something out of the normal changing and they have been happy to help. I also had conflicting Java errors with another module, they kindly pointed me in the right direction to fix this. The service cant get any better.
But Maks went even further than this when I ran in to another issue that turned out to be nothing to do with this extension, even though at first it seemed to be so.
Not only did the developer point me in the right direction in resolving the problem, the advise given was spot on and I cannot thank the developer enough for this.
Top notch support that goes above and beyond.
Oh, and the module is first class too, added a really great search feature to a website that has over 400 products and now the filtering is easy and straight forward
Comes highly recommended.
Many thanks for creating this excellent extension. Email support is also very quick and experienced.