SEE AN EXTENDED LIST OF FEATURES:
Advantages of Cherry Picker (CP):
1. CP supports both: Product Types (VM1.1) and Custom Fields (VM2);
2. Optimized and polished search algorithms provide you best performance out there. You can search tens of thousands of products and still have low loads on your database!
3. CP comes with a variety of beautiful layouts:
Simple List - regular list of filters;
Checkbox List - you can select multiple filters with checkboxes and apply all with one click;
Dropdown List - HTML-stylized list;
Simple Dropdown List - provides an opportunity to search in Progressive Mode -- where you select filters one-by-one.
4. Color filters can be represented as actual color boxes;
5. Select ranges of filters (e.g. RAM from 4GB to 8GB): ——————
6. CP has beautiful URLs (which Google will love). For example:
7. Update results with Ajax AND update Browser URL address, which means your visitors can bookmark results and return to the very same page;
8. Cherry Picker comes bundled with VM Breadz — a breadcrubms module that apart from categories also includes applied Filters, Manufacturers, Search keywords in its path!
9. And final but not least, if you want advanced experience, yo can use Fast Seller — a dedicated component with which you'll be able to manage filters super easily and super fast (which default VM interface cannot provide).
* very intuitive interface both for the customer and as well for the shop owner (using fast seller)
* fairly fast even in categories that hold several hundred products (using product types version)
* filters can be translated and hence it works for any multilanguage shop
* helpful and quick support via galt
A very valuable VM 2.0 extension. Filter easily by using the default CF fields of VM.
Great support despite time zone difference.
I spent hours trying to fuigure out WHY this didn't work.. and I send him an email. Turns out mu customer bought the wrong thing extension.. which needed more extensions at an addtional costs to work.
After having to spend HOURS to get this working I asked him to make this right. He didn't.
Sadly the software may be awesome.
I can certainly understand wanting to make a profit. But the customer support was HORRID. But well if there a problem with the people behind it. I cannot reccommend it.
I went ahead and went with another custom filter extension.
Kind of funny situation here: the reviewer didn't think of time zones. And while there was a night time he considered the delay in reply as a "negative answer".
Let's keep that in mind.
First class support by Maks. Many thanks, this is one of the greatest extensions I've ever used.
The extension, when used with FastSeller component is even more impressive. I set up a 3,000 item store in a fraction of the time I would have if I hadn't had these components.
Tech support is fast and free.
Don't tell the guys , but I would have paid twice as much for these components!
What can i say more about the Cherry Picker to undecided people?
Just try yourself, it's Fabulous.. Fantastic.. Wonderful.. Amazing.. :)
Best Regards to all from a Portuguese user!
The response from the vendor for the most part was quick, however the issue was never resolved as the help was poor at best.
In the end I had to drop the product and find another vendor. To many problems and doesn't perform as advertised with VM2 and joomla 2.5.
Thanks for your comment.
Sad that you're frustrated though, especially that you were 99% complete.
Please note, that there is a Readme file that guides you for one little edit that you need to make (but surely, no one reads Readmes))
This is because with VM2 we're using minimalistic URLs for filters:
and Virtuemart needs to "know" how to interpret those.
As for overall compatibility with Virtuemart 2, we have it stressed in red, but it's not enough, so I take a chance to say it again here -- VM2 has abandoned filter support, and how to overcome this explained in here:
And lastly, we never seize customer support until he is satisfied. You probably were shy to contact us for more explanations. I encourage you to do this now and experience ChP's filtering capabilities)
This module is very well designed, has amazing support and, best of all, has an optional Administration piece of software (FastSeller - same developer, don't hesitate- buy it also!) that really makes managing a large store soooooooo much easier.
We are running Virtuemart with 30,000 + products and without Cherry Picker/FastSeller adding filters to our store would be a nightmare. Now it is a dream! Thanks Maks.
Before using Cherry Picker, I tried all kind of Search Filters for VirtueMart, either free or commercial ones. Believe me, this is 'the only one' ideal for VirtueMart. It is SUPERLATIVE!!! What's even GREATER, is the assistance provided, fast and reliable. Customer Care EXCELLENT!!! 5 STARS!!! Certainly recommended for all VirtueMart users.
A must for anyone with a large catalogue that needs the ability to filter