Advantages of Cherry Picker (CP):
1. CP supports both: Product Types (VM1.1) and Custom Fields (VM2);
2. Optimized and polished search algorithms provide you best performance out there. You can search tens of thousands of products and still have low loads on your database!
3. CP comes with a variety of beautiful layouts:
Simple List - regular list of filters;
Checkbox List - you can select multiple filters with checkboxes and apply all with one click;
Dropdown List - HTML-stylized list;
Simple Dropdown List - provides an opportunity to search in Progressive Mode -- where you select filters one-by-one.
4. Color filters can be represented as actual color boxes;
5. Select ranges of filters (e.g. RAM from 4GB to 8GB): ——————
6. CP has beautiful URLs (which Google will love). For example:
7. Update results with Ajax AND update Browser URL address, which means your visitors can bookmark results and return to the very same page;
8. Cherry Picker comes bundled with VM Breadz — a breadcrubms module that apart from categories also includes applied Filters, Manufacturers, Search keywords in its path!
9. And final but not least, if you want advanced experience, yo can use Fast Seller — a dedicated component with which you'll be able to manage filters super easily and super fast (which default VM interface cannot provide).
We never bothered to setup product types and parameters before.... so a lot of work needing done to get everything working. But after testing it initially - it all looks and works great !!!!!
Nice job well done :)
The support is great. They even support changes to virtuemart to put the module to work in product browse page.
Great job, great extension to help filter products in categories
If you are looking to a solution to filter products in virtuemart, you must have this one
If you're running a virtuemart store and you want more than just a generic search function, cherry picker is the way to go.
I am COMPLETELY SATISFIED with both the extension and the support. The guy answered all my questions immediately however the fact that it was xmas period (xmas day more specifically).
IT IS A VALUE FOR MONEY AND I RECOMMENDED IT
The developer responded to my first two support emails. When I still had problems and sent additional emails, they were unanswered. The developer's online manuals are (imho) poor, they show initial setup for a prior version of the product, and offer scant help when things don't work.
For a commercial extension, this is inexcusable.
I feel myself responsible to give an answer (bad though that I have to do this in this way).
- we usually respond to inquiries within minutes, but sometimes it could be hours, depending on the time of the day;
- seeing first filters on your site is super easy: you need just to install ChP and publish it, the rest is done in Virtuemart (and there are already wonderful docs on how to create Product Types);
- fixing your search issue takes approx. 1 minute. It’s caused by old Virtuemart bug and is fully covered by our FAQ section.
I only have one problem with the search.
When I use multible values the if I search for example air filter that has 38mm and 42mm hole. If i klick on one of them it dosent show that filter that has both of these values. But on the cherry picker itshows exactly how many filter have that value. Hope everyone understands. B
But I think it is Virtuemart problem not cherry picker.
Cherry Picker filters your products seemlessly.
You need to know how, in Virtuemart, to create product types, add parameters to productypes and how to link the productypes to products in a category
This is all explained on the website
I bought cherrypicker + vm breadz yesterday and I am really in love with those extensions, the most useful I ever seen.
They definitely work great and they're a must for any ecommerce environment running Virtuemart.
And this is not all... for a very reasonnable price you get not only those fantastic extensions but a tech support without rivals.
The developer is very skilled, smart and friendly and.... he replied me on SUNDAY with quick and effective solutions to my questions.
Listen to me: if you're looking for something to really improve your Virtuemart shop don't look any further, but buy CherryPicker without any doubt and you'll be happy.