Advantages of Cherry Picker (CP):
1. CP supports both: Product Types (VM1.1) and Custom Fields (VM2);
2. Optimized and polished search algorithms provide you best performance out there. You can search tens of thousands of products and still have low loads on your database!
3. CP comes with a variety of beautiful layouts:
Simple List - regular list of filters;
Checkbox List - you can select multiple filters with checkboxes and apply all with one click;
Dropdown List - HTML-stylized list;
Simple Dropdown List - provides an opportunity to search in Progressive Mode -- where you select filters one-by-one.
4. Color filters can be represented as actual color boxes;
5. Select ranges of filters (e.g. RAM from 4GB to 8GB): ——————
6. CP has beautiful URLs (which Google will love). For example:
7. Update results with Ajax AND update Browser URL address, which means your visitors can bookmark results and return to the very same page;
8. Cherry Picker comes bundled with VM Breadz — a breadcrubms module that apart from categories also includes applied Filters, Manufacturers, Search keywords in its path!
9. And final but not least, if you want advanced experience, yo can use Fast Seller — a dedicated component with which you'll be able to manage filters super easily and super fast (which default VM interface cannot provide).
Cherry Picker filters your products seemlessly.
You need to know how, in Virtuemart, to create product types, add parameters to productypes and how to link the productypes to products in a category
This is all explained on the website
I bought cherrypicker + vm breadz yesterday and I am really in love with those extensions, the most useful I ever seen.
They definitely work great and they're a must for any ecommerce environment running Virtuemart.
And this is not all... for a very reasonnable price you get not only those fantastic extensions but a tech support without rivals.
The developer is very skilled, smart and friendly and.... he replied me on SUNDAY with quick and effective solutions to my questions.
Listen to me: if you're looking for something to really improve your Virtuemart shop don't look any further, but buy CherryPicker without any doubt and you'll be happy.
A must have for every web shop!
Just make some product types in the VM and asign your products to them. Then, install Cherry picker module and enjoy in such a great extension. It is not important if you selling a clotes or laptops or maybe a bikes, you can use this module for searching products by any parameter that you have on your mind. And search by price, a new option that Maks updated for us, it is amazing how it work! At the end, when you playing with search, whatever combination of parameters you choose, it showing results without even a small mistake.
ps... dont forget to use it with VM Breadz!
Support is also prompt, courteous, and useful. The product is well worth much more than its modest price.
This module is easily worth more than it costs, especially to a store with lots of products and/or lots of product type attributes.
The filters work like a charm. Very easy to use and very good product and also a fantastic support.
I have asked for some modifications and i got a response very fast with all the changes i requested, i am so pleased that i made a donation even if i had bought the products. People like Maks, must be helped in order to deliver to all of us such great tools for our websites.
Great! And thanks a lot Maks!
Simple install with a number of small modification instructions available on the website to enhance it even further if you wish.
Had a problem with it working on the template I was using and the support I recieved was always answered within a few hours even over the weekend.
Highly recommeded. Also, be sure to use with his Breadz module.
(there's also a manual at the developers website on how-to setup VM product-types and prepare the shop for it).
having had some issues with integrating into a customer's webshop (because the concept of "product types" made it necessary to re-rethink the organization of products) the developer always answered my inquiries quickly and was really helping me out.
Even though my last problem was not really related to this module, support was just fine!
absolutely worth the money!