Two Factor Authentication
Two Factor Authentication (TFA) is a 100% Open Source, free to use security system for your Joomla site’s backend. Two Factor Authentication works in collaboration with the Google’s famous Authenticator App.
Installing this app adds an extra layer of security in addition to the Joomla’s login system (front-end as well as back-end).
If anybody gains your admin or site member's login credentials and try to attempt login then another module of Two factor Authentication will pop up instantly and it will ask for a unique Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) which will be generated only on your Cellphone via Google's Authenticator App. So, this new layer will add up to the strength of the security at your end.
Two Factor Authenticator secures the signing in process using 2 constants-
+ Something you know i.e. your site’s backend password.
+ Something you have i.e. your mobile phone (to generate the one time code).
Know more >> http://www.readybytes.net/blog/item/two-factor-authentication-for-joomla.html
Main Key Features are:-
1. Two Step Authentication Setup with Google Authenticator.
2. Verify with a Barcode.
3. Verify with a Account Name and Secret-Key.
4. Backup Codes Available
5. Logging in with Two Step Authentication.
New Features (in version 2.0):-
- Available for backend as well as frontend login.
- End User Configurable: The admin can enable the plugin for all his users and now the users will be able to choose whether to use the security feature or not.