Full-featured Joomla chat component and module, which can be used as standalone shoutbox or IP.Shoutbox mirror. Definitely the best Joomla chat extension for now, not doubts.
• Choose chat type: Joomla (default) or IP.Board Shoutbox.
• A lot of customization options like shout or member name length, show or hide avatars, etc.
• Supported avatar providers: Joomla Contacts, JomSocial, CommunityBuilder, Kunena, Gravatar, EasySocial, K2, AlphaUserPoints (more can be added by your request).
• Automatically or manually refresh chat window, flood control and extra permission checks to avoid spamming.
• Customizable text parser with URL shortener.
• Replace images with neat thumbnails and lightbox.
• Replace videos with links and lightbox or with embedded player (supported providers: YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, MetaCafe).
• Ban or unban members from chat (do not affect the rest of your site).
• Chat template can be easily styled with CSS (any element can be hidden, resized or colored) and language file (any text can be changed).
• Shouts Journal to manage shouts, Smileys Manager to manage smileys and Banned Journal to manage banned members.
• Shouts archive page on front-end with search by date, author name or shout text.
• Automatically delete shouts older, than X days.
DIFFERENT CHAT TYPES
Smart Shoutbox is the only extension, which not just works as a standalone Joomla chat, but also supports IP.Board Shoutbox. IP.Board is the best and most popular forum engine. A lot of sites with Joomla use it for the needs of their community and many of them have IP.Board Shoutbox installed as well. Choose which suits you best.
FULL CONTROL RIGHT FROM FRONT-END
You don't need to go to administration panel each time you want to delete or edit shout or ban a pesky member. Everything can be done at front-end!
FULLY CONFIGURABLE LAYOUT WITH TONS OF OPTIONS
Smart Shoutbox has a pretty generic yet modern layout out of the box. It will fit most of today's templates, but if you don't like it or some of its parts, there's a CSS class for each and every element out there!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.5.0
• ADDED: New Major feature — Shouts Archive on front-end with search and filtering options.
• ADDED: New option in settings to choose between username or name for registered users.
• ADDED: Registered users can now change their name right in shoutbox window.
• ADDED: Shoutbox stats on global page and archive.
• ADDED: You can now set a title for each smiley as a brief description of it.
• FIXED: Shouts formatting not properly displayed in Journal.
• FIXED: Several small bugs, when editing shout on front-end.
• FIXED: Truncated names added in shout... well, truncated. Now they are not!
• Better search on back-end, which allows to search by exact phrase.
• Greatly improved links and images parser.
• And some more...