Full-featured Joomla chat component and module, which can be used as standalone shoutbox or IP.Shoutbox mirror. Definitely the best Joomla chat extension for now, not doubts.
★ FEATURES ★
- Choose chat type: Joomla (default) or IP.Board Shoutbox.
- A lot of customization options like shout or member name length, show or hide avatars, etc.
- Supported avatar providers: Joomla Contacts, JomSocial, CommunityBuilder, Kunena, Gravatar, EasySocial, K2, AlphaUserPoints (more can be added by request).
- Automatically or manually refresh chat window, flood control and extra permission checks to avoid spamming.
- Customizable text parser with URL shortener.
- Replace images with neat thumbnails and lightbox.
- Replace videos with links and lightbox or with embedded player (supported providers: YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, MetaCafe).
- Ban or unban members from chat (do not affect the rest of your site).
- Chat template can be easily styled with CSS (any element can be hidden, resized or colored) and language file (any text can be changed).
- Shouts Journal to manage shouts, Smileys Manager to manage smileys and Banned Journal to manage banned members.
- Shouts archive page on front-end with search and filtering options.
- Automatically delete shouts older, than X days.
★ WHY IS IT BETTER, THAN OTHER SIMILAR EXTENSIONS? ★
★ FUTURE PLANS ★
Not enough? Just look at some major features we plan to add in future updates:
- External database. Will allow you to use shoutbox across multiple sites on different domains.
- Vertical template. Useful, if you want to display module in sidebar position. Less styling will be needed.
- File uploading. Users will be able to attach files to shouts.
★ WHAT'S NEW IN LATEST VERSION ★
- FIXED: Some issues with the library, which appeared in previous version.
- FIXED: Empty shout text, when smileys parsing is turned off.
- FIXED: Several issues with ascending shout ordering.
- FIXED: Wrong background color ordering, when adding shouts.
- The Krotek
- Last updated:
- Feb 27 2015
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- Uses updater:
Ease of use
Value for money