Due to a distinct lack of comments and a high demand for a comments extension for 1.6 which can provide functionality which rivals that of jComments I created a simple but easily extended comments component+module+plugin combination. This has since expanded but I still intend on keeping it SIMPLE, not complex.
This enables you to use the comments module with non-content frontend pages, and the content plugin for content related pages. Making comments for things like Virtuemart/Download extensions etc a possibility.
- Akismet integration (find this under the spam protection section)
- Manual email notification list for all comments being posted
- Improved manual spam protection using regex
- Frontend "delete comments" ability
- Improved reply embedding
- Export button in admin panel to download people who subscribe to receive EDMs
- On some systems comments weren't deleting. Fixed.
- Email was being forced even when not selected. Fixed.
- Some German translation bugs. Fixed.
Bug fixes for 1.0 Stable
- XSS exsploit when entering website for comments
- Admin glitch where text jumped out of popup in IE7
- Bug where content auto-spammed itself
- Bug with category filter not working
- Error with development environments housing Joomla in a subdirectory
Security Release RC3
- Fixes a small XSS oversight
- Fixes category filtering for article glitch where catid=0
New Features RC2
- Added JComments import feature - this is early beta. Do not use on live websites.
- Added basic support for [code][/code] and [quote][/quote]
- Change the way the data is affiliated to content to make it easier to hook into other components such as K2
- User login restrictions - can now only show comments or allow comment submissions to registered users.
- de-DE translation - Thanks Gerhard Sopolinski
- Unsubscribe link added to notification emails
New features and bugfixes in 1.0 RC1
- ReCaptcha added (this will require a reCaptcha api key)
- Fixed language bugs for en-GB
- pt-BR and se-SE native translations have been added. Thankyou Alex Castro and Kristian
- users name/email pre-populated when logged into frontend
- Content plugin created to use with articles
- Content plugin hook to display X comments on blog layouts
- auto-updater fixed (please note due to a bug in Joomla this will NOT WORK untill Joomla 1.7 stable is released - due in the next couple of weeks)
Pre-Existing functionality list:
- Supports nested comments (replying to others comments)
- Has basic spam detection, word/ip/email/domain filtering.
- Avatar & Gravatar support
- Fully using framework, LANG/HTML are both overrideable without core-hacks.
- Uses a module for the comments so can be used with any component, not restricted to content.
- Can be ordered oldest->newest or newest->oldest
- Form position (above or below comments)
- Pagination, and customi
- 2.0 beta // 1.0.1 Stable
- Andy Sharman
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
- Uses updater:
Ease of useNot rated