jBackend gives you all the power of Joomla CMS through an extensible and pluggable set of REST API. With these API you can access to all site's contents and features, and use Joomla as a backend system for smartphone and mobile apps, syndication networks, external websites, and provide web services for any external system.
- Extensible through plugins to increase API and support any Joomla extension;
- Support for publishing of multiple endpoints with its specific settings;
- Three endpoint access type (free access, user authenticated only, API Key required);
- API Key management interface;
- Each API Key can have a max daily requests limit and an expiration date;
- Access control is compliant with integrated ACL;
- Support for REST compliant requests;
- JSON format for responses.
The package includes the jBackend component, that provides the general infrastructure for endpoints and plugins support system, and the following plugins:
- User Module: provides support for Joomla users (e.g. login, logout, registration);
- Content Module: provides support for standard Joomla content (e.g. categories and articles).
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- Uses updater:
Ease of useNot rated
Value for moneyNot rated