JotCache is advanced solution for page caching in Joomla 1.5, 2.5 and 3.x framework. JotCache consists from JotCache Plugin, JotCache Component and JotCache recache plugins.
New combination of system plugin and management component covers tailored processing in JotCache for all types of extensions : static nad dynamic modules as well as components with static content and dynamic forms. Extended marking of cached content allows fast checking of cache operation in frontend and backend (new feature for easy selecting of cached pages which needs cache reset).
JotCache Plugin is extended replacement of standart System-Cache plugin with following enhancements :
Features of ver.5
- Cache management with faster opening on larger web sites – the cached files are presented with cached page titles and links, added more informations about cached page (browser type, language, non-routed query string), implemented items ordering, changed information about date/time of caching (incl. indication of expired or no more existing cache files)
- Exclusion of selected pages and module template positions from page caching
- Bots/crawlers and cookies exclusion
- Selective use of browser cache for choosen page URI's
- Multisite operation
- Use of memcached (server) as cache storage
- Extended URL caching rules (include/exclude general mode, using logical AND in rule expressions)
- Cache Operation Modes (previous Browser Split) with possibility for each browser category (incl. phones, tablets) to select own operation mode :
- exclude from caching
- use common cache (for different browser categories)
- use individual cache
- Powerfull autoclean (garbage collection) activity
- Possibility to set different page caches based on visitor browser type and device(phone,tablet).
- Cached page content can be compressed before saving into the cache. JotCache plugin has option to compress (gzlib) cached pages before storing to the cache, therefore the web access to cached content is accelerated. Compressing function covers static (page) as well as dynamic module content.
- Possibility to clear the cache only for selected pages.
- Batch recaching of frontend pages based on :
- information stored in database from previous page caching activity
- site crawling started with site homepage to other linked pages up to given depth level Batch recaching can be also processed as cron job with selected setting possibilities
- Manual recache of marked files by users with JotCache recache rights. In this working mode authorized user can start the recache of viewed page on frontend pages and see immediatelly the results.