CKEditor for Joomla is an Open Source component that enables CKEditor in your favorite CMS.
It is provided by CKSource, the company that created CKEditor and CKFinder. No registration is required to download and the component is free to use.
The following features are included in the component:
- the latest stable release of CKEditor 3.x,
- built-in support for CKFinder, an advanced Ajax file browser,
- administration section with lots of configuration options to customize CKEditor to your needs,
- Link Browser - a dedicated plugin for Joomla!,
- multilingual interface, RTL support, Paste from Word, and all other cool features that are available in CKEditor.
A few words about CKEditor:
CKEditor is an online rich text editor that can be embedded inside web pages. It is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor which means that the text edited in it looks as similar as possible to the results end users will see after the document gets published. It brings to the Web popular editing features found in desktop word processors such as Microsoft Word and OpenOffice.org Writer. CKEditor is truly lightweight and does not require any kind of installation on the client computer.
You can learn more about CKEditor on the official CKEditor website (click the "DEMO" link). If you are looking for a package that includes a CKFinder license and a dedicated e-mail support channel, visit http://cksource.com/ckeditor-for-joomla
Please refer to the project homepage (hosted by joomlacode.org) to report bugs or add feature requests.