Yview is a thumbnail generator, responsive lightbox, responsive Youtube player, and metadata generator.
Create optimal, progressive JPEG thumbnails that pass Google PageSpeed and Yslow compression tests (if Imagick is available on the server, or uses GD2 if not).
To further improve page load time, the Youtube player displayes a locally cached thumbnail image of the Youtube video on load, then creates a Flash/HTML5 video player dynamically on play. The video player uses Youtube's newest APIs, released in 2015, for optimal performance and functionality.
Add image microdata, page thumbnail, and OpenGraph metadata that is accepted by Google search, Bing search, Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter (separately for image and blog pages, so it can be configured to work with any other metagenerators you have).
-Tags and attributes can pass all W3C tests. .
Optionally remove the P tags put around IMG tags by Joomla's WYSIWIG editors.
Version 1.6 updates:
- Blof and front page image thumbnails can have link instead of lightbox
- Admin can choose to show videos in lightbox
- Admin can set thumb quality separately for article images, blog images, and Youtube thumbnails
- HTML includes image height and width in thumbnail style attribute for faster page rendering
- GD2 requires source extension to be lowercase
- Imagick supports images with alpha transparency
- Kunena integration
- Admin can set custom styles
- Enable video autoplay and full-screen mode in lightbox; support Flash with HTML5 fallback
- Support for PRE tags without GESHI; support metadata without thumbnails
- Admin can add more metadata
- Added a missing dot in filenames
- Joomla:Admin forms do not cast true/false values as boolean
- PHP 5.4: fileexists doesn't support URLs on Windows
- Imagick: NewMagicWand() throws error instead of returning null on Windows
- Facebook: Requires OG tags in head element instead of BODY
- Domain root and base may be other parts of image path
- Images and videos may be in any order
- Preserve GESHI highlighting across nested IMG tags in PRE and CODE tags
- LINUX: handle uppercase letters in extensions
- PHP 5.5: pregreplace(/e option) was deprecated
No further enhancements are planned at this time, although Yview could easily be extended to support slideshows, and I may add more features in response to user requests.