Josetta is a multilingual content manager for Joomla 2.5+ and Joomla 3.x, designed for ease of use, forward compatibility and performance.
NEW! Tabbed interface, all translations in one place
NEW! backend direct quick access: translation page appearts in popup from anywhere in the backend of your site, for easy and immediate translation!
Includes aJoomfish exporter and importer: automatically recover original articles, categories and menu items from Joomla! 1.5.x Joomfish-based sites into native Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x multi-lingual items.
Josetta facilitates the translation of existing Joomla content in several languages by one or more translators with little or no knowledge of Joomla. Translators can easily monitor items that have already been translated and those that have not.
Without Josetta, administrators must continually copy content items like articles and modules in the Joomla backend and apply the appropriate translations.
Josetta hides all this complex work and translators can focus on creating great content. Importantly, Josetta provides a dedicated translation interface on the frontend of your web site so that users do not need to learn how to navigate the Joomla administrative backend and cannot accidentally make changes to sensitive settings.
Josetta relies entirely on the native multilingual feature of Joomla and as such does not trap your translated content into its own format or database tables. You can install or remove Josetta from your site at any time, and your site will operate normally with content in all languages working as expected.
Thus, you can be confident that your translations will be fully compatible with future Joomla versions. Even if a migration is required, your translations are standard Joomla content items and you will be able to move it to new Joomla versions as they become available.
In addition, using purely native Joomla content means that your site will enjoy the fastest display times possible on your server as no additional database queries are required to retrieve your translations. Other translation solutions will increase the number of database queries thus slowing down your site.
Key features of Josetta include:
- List of source language content displayed on front end (articles, menu items, categories, weblinks, newsfeeds, contact, modules of all types) with display filters
- Translator selects an item and clicks a button to translate to a given language
- Josetta automatically links translated content to the original language item - perhaps the most difficult task when translating content in the traditional fashion
- Dedicated translation screen with simple layout
- Integrated Bing Translator for automatic translation suggestion. Bing translator is the only free-of-charge translation API available.
- Easy to setup. Just add translators to the global Josetta user group (translate any language) or one or more of the per-language sub-groups
- Translation statistics
- Yannick Gaultier
- Last updated:
- Dec 16 2014
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- Related free extension:
- Josetta Community
- Uses updater:
Ease of use
Value for money